Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
frog-legs.jpg

Nice capture - :biggrin-93:

Not sure how it would see anything through all that "stuff" on the top of the water, but I guess it did.

WesternGuy

They just sit motionless, sometimes for far longer than I can hold a 200-500 up to my eye and wait until they see some kind of movement beneath the goo layer. This one caught a baby gator the first time but spit it out and I'm not sure why as I've seen them suck down snakes, dragonflies, voles and lizards. Once they zero in on their prey, they are so fast on the spearing, nothing much stands a chance of escape.

That's a good looking bird, great shot.

Also a good title, it make me look, and was a nice surprise.

Looking at the bird's neck, it seems like this is it's second course. Frog Salad pudding.

They just sit motionless, sometimes for far longer than I can hold a 200-500 up to my eye and wait until they see some kind of movement beneath the goo layer. This one caught a baby gator the first time but spit it out and I'm not sure why as I've seen them suck down snakes, dragonflies, voles and lizards. Once they zero in on their prey, they are so fast on the spearing, nothing much stands a chance of escape.
Thanks for the observation(s). They must have fantastic eye sight to be able to see anything through that top layer of "stuff". I too would wonder why it spit out a baby gator, but maybe they just don't taste as good as other stuff, or maybe their body type, makes them hard to swallow. Would be interesting to get some insight from a biologist on this observation.

WG

Most reactions

Back