www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
really nice stuff, great shots

sothoth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
really nice stuff, great shots

Agreed. I photograph tropical fish a lot, and have problems getting the lighting correct due to reflections on the glass, etc. I have a few tricks but basically, they don't stay still long enough to use a tripod, and thus they're also hard to light adequately as well. These look like they're in a terrarium, so I'm curious how you illuminate the subject and what other kinds of conditions you use to photograph.

Wait, weren't we talking about lenses?? :)

Thanks!

OP
el_shorty

el_shorty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Agreed. I photograph tropical fish a lot, and have problems getting the lighting correct due to reflections on the glass, etc. I have a few tricks but basically, they don't stay still long enough to use a tripod, and thus they're also hard to light adequately as well. These look like they're in a terrarium, so I'm curious how you illuminate the subject and what other kinds of conditions you use to photograph.

Wait, weren't we talking about lenses?? :)

Thanks!

The good thing about frogs is that if undisturbed, they don't move much, but I always use polarized flash, here is a link that shows you how it's done, and to avoid reflections I use a rubber hood on the lens and put the lens right up against the front glass of the tank.

Bifurcator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I want to comment on these but I have to keep picking my jaw up off the floor...

Man I want to find a place in Japan with subjects like that - that will allow a camera inside.

Really sweet! Thanks!

mdcrisp2000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bikeeurope.org.uk
Photos NOT OK to edit
No. 8 definately takes pole for me. Absolutely stunning photograph.

There isn't an even slightly bad photo in the series. Nice shooting.

Edit: Why is this in landscape & cityscape?

Edit II: POTM nominated :sexywink:

Most reactions

ClickASnap