From Canon to Nikon

dm020486

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this topic has been dicussed numerous times. I am trying for a photography position at a local company and they are willing to buy me a Nikon DLSR Camera. I have some canon gear and dont know much about nikon what I kinda want to know is the ins and outs of Nikon, what to look for, what camera to shy away from? I am not sure on the budget they are giving me but I am thinking 1500 for camera and lens!

I'm assuming that you mean they would require you to use Nikon equipment?

$1500 doesn't buy much(either brand) if you're a paid photographer, IMO.

You could get some cheap good stuff off amazon. I've talked to a few people saying they've bought some cheap stuff off there.
Smile.gif
Good luck.

What are you shooting? Sports like football you're going to want a 300/400 2.8 lens.

I am shooting alot of different events. Football Basketball Swimming, Check Presentations, Portaits etc.... I am hoping to get at least 3000 to start

Oh my, shooting for a company I would think they would have a bigger budget if they are hiring you to do nothing but their photography.

You will need a 300F2.8 or 400F2.8 for football, D3 for basket ball for high ISO and some fast lenses,do they realise their budget is going to be quite high, they would be better off hiring someone with the right gear

I am shooting alot of different events. Football Basketball Swimming, Check Presentations, Portaits etc.... I am hoping to get at least 3000 to start
Sounds like it's all editorial work, like for a newspaper.

At the least, for the indoor and night venues, you'll need a flash bracket and a good speedlight.

Unless I have it wrong, you won't be shooting entire events, just enough to have a couple images to support the story.

For that $1500 is enough budget.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back