From my nature walk today, with b&w effect (and a pic of me)

esselle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
went on a nature walk today...i tried to upload this into my gallery, but to no avail.

So, I'll place here ...the hydrant is more of a vintage look, but the other is black and white.

$fire hydrant singe effect.jpg

ground beneath my feet:

$ground beneath my feet.jpg

crack in paint in street along my walk today:

$street cracks in paint.jpg

Attachments

• $me.jpg
    $me.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Curious... why do you use Dutch tilt? And how do you think it improves the images?

To me, it makes the images look...more interesting? Just my opinion.

can someone tell me how to remove the one of me? it is too fuzzy, could post a much better one. thanks!

Your cute, even with the fuzzy.:sexywink:

can someone tell me how to remove the one of me? it is too fuzzy, could post a much better one. thanks!

Just click the Edit Post button.. and then click the image, and hit delete on your KB. I do agree with DarkShadow.. still a cute shot.

Just click the Edit Post button.. and then click the image, and hit delete on your KB. I do agree with DarkShadow.. still a cute shot.

why thanky! :mrgreen:

cgipson, are you not a fan of the tilt? just curious. some of my friends comment to me...lol...'why do you tilt the camera so much?' i guess i do it TOO often. :sexywink:

why thanky! :mrgreen:

cgipson, are you not a fan of the tilt? just curious. some of my friends comment to me...lol...'why do you tilt the camera so much?' i guess i do it TOO often. :sexywink:

Most of the time tilt is done, is to attempt to make an otherwise boring photo more dynamic. If it is done properly, it has to have balance so it doesn't look like it is falling over. We see it often in newer photographers, especially those that hang out on Facebook a lot and see the tilt there. It is just often overdone.. and done for no reason.

Some links you might enjoy:

Dutch angle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

photographic composition - tilted compositions / Dutch angle « Neil vN - tangents

Bright Red Brush: Composition: Dutch Angles

Dutch tilt and unbalanced composition | Digital Photography Tips | Flash Photography Tips | Lighting Tips | Gadget Infinity Blog

oh, TY for those links, cgipson!

i don't use facebook ....haven't for a while, but while i'm not a novice to photography, i've not been at it for some time, and just getting back into it.
i sometimes use the tilt out of sheer laziness, and not wanting to crouch or squat down to snap a shot at regular angle.
(i shouldn't admit these things here) :=P

thank you for the feedback, mucho appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back