From San Diego, need some help with my canon Lens

Budds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello! I just joined the forum, and I have almost no knowledge of photography, but next highschool year i will be taking a class. Right now I have alot of interest in action sports photography....

my current problem is my Canon Aspherical 28-80mm lens. when i look through the view finder, the lens shows everything in an almost tinted color. I have two other lenses i use but this was my primary lens. also, when i try to focus, it will not allow me to stay focused on one thing, itll switch back and forth, forcing me to use manual focus.

my camera is a Canon EOS 10D

any idea whats going on?

Welcome to the forum.

Is there a filter on the front of that particular lens? (a filter is a thin metal ring with a glass lens element in it...which screws into the threads on the front of the lens).

As for the focus, it may 'hunt' in low light or when you are too close to the subject. Does it focus when you try something that is 10 feet away?

Welcome to the forum.

Is there a filter on the front of that particular lens? (a filter is a thin metal ring with a glass lens element in it...which screws into the threads on the front of the lens).

As for the focus, it may 'hunt' in low light or when you are too close to the subject. Does it focus when you try something that is 10 feet away?

yes there is a filter on the front, but it is a clear 55mm. the distance of the subject doesnt matter to the lens, at any distance it will try to focus, going back and forth and does not correct itself. the lens had recently started doing this...it was one morning where i shot some pictures, then in the afternoon it started to act up.

Most reactions

Back