From the chateaux

hawkeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This place had some really awesome angles in the architecture! The camera was held completely horizontal, even though the wing in the background looks slanted, its actually that grand staircase that is.

2132417238_f7abd8d9d1_o.jpg

Wicked sharp and well-exposed. I like this shot. The composition is good, but there's really no elements leading my eye around. It's a really nice shot though, I like it. Good work.

Thanks. It was a piss-poor day for shooting. The sky was so cloudy and rainy that if it got into frame it looked like a complete white out.

I see what you mean about no attention grabber. I guess you had to be there. Most of the structure was comprised of parallel lines. Except the exterior of the staircase which seemed to corkscrew up the side. The statues, gargoyles and iron work was outstanding.

I would think that the slant of the staircase windows and structure might be made more evident if the picture was taken with the straight elements of the rest of the building (the part on the left of the photo) at the horizontal. Does that make sense? In other words, essentially rotate the photo counter clockwise about ~25 degrees. Of course, then the statues wouldn't be square. Tough shot I suppose.

Clarity and color are excellent. Biltmore is truly a beautiful place to have a camera.

Oh, and chateaux is plural, I believe. Of course my French class ended 20 years ago....

I would think that the slant of the staircase windows and structure might be made more evident if the picture was taken with the straight elements of the rest of the building (the part on the left of the photo) at the horizontal. Does that make sense? In other words, essentially rotate the photo counter clockwise about ~25 degrees. Of course, then the statues wouldn't be square. Tough shot I suppose.

Clarity and color are excellent. Biltmore is truly a beautiful place to have a camera.

Oh, and chateaux is plural, I believe. Of course my French class ended 20 years ago....

From Wiki:

"Biltmore House is a French Renaissance-inspired chateau"

Yes sir, you are correct

Its the angle though. I wasnt shooting perpendicular to the front facade, that is what is causing the slant in the background. I was standing about 10 yards left of the staircase, shooting at a 45 degree angle towards it. I tried shooting straight on and it came out extremely boring. So I settled with this approach.

I tried shooting just the staircase, and it also just wasn't working for me.

Thanks for the comment guys. Any C&C is always welcome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back