From the Fens

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am working with a colleague for a day or two along the southern fens of Lincolnshire. I left my "proper" cameras in my hotel, but regretted wit when we grabbed some warm afternoon air in the afternoon as a storm approached. I used what I had to hand which was my Iphone 4S which didn't make a bad job of it, and processed it in CS5 using Viveza to boost the saturation and contrast a little:

I'll put the settings down but obviously the iphone decided these for me: f/2.4 1/1500 ISO 64

Storm-approaches-the-Fens by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Since you're in Peterborough, perhaps you could dash over to Stamford for some pics. My son and DIL and children lived there for four years, and so we were fortunate enough to visit them there several times. Missing the place.

Very nice contrast between the roiling mass in the back and the almost-pastoral look of the foreground. "camera" did a pretty good job too. Now if you could only clone out the power lines and poles....

Your overall composition is good. I like the yellow leading line as well as the sky. However, the scene seems a little on the boring side. I think I am getting this sense because the horizon and foreground have very little subject matter. The leading line brings my eye to the horizon, which does not have very much on it. Otherwise, I think it is a good shot.

Also, I agree with pgriz about the power lines.

Very nice shot, especially coming from an iphone! Did you use the plain camera from the iphone or some sort of a photography app?

Thank you. Just the plain camera. The iPhone 4s is very capable when you have good light. It all goes wrong when the light's poor though. It does prove the point that the best camera is often the one you have at hand when the moment comes

Wow! I love it when the sun comes out and there some dark clouds, it just ads that amazing contrast, great capture :thumbup:

Thereyougo, the colour edit really works for me. The B&W is less effective in my eyes because the tonality of the field plants is close to the tones in the clouds (at the middle), whereas in the colour version there is strong colour contrast between the coolness of the clouds and the warmth of the plants.

Back in Lincolnshire , and took a short stroll around Stamford. I was more overcast than I would have liked. There are some interesting lanes and streets and also a good view from the area known as The Meadows

Pentax 645D FA 33 - 55 at 33mm and f/6.7 1/30 ISO 1600

Goldsmiths-Lane,-Stamford by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Pentax 645D FA 33 - 55 at f/16 ad 33mm 1/50ISO 200

Stamford-from-the-Meadows by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back