from where can i start

germacran

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi
i am a beginner to photography , i wish reach professionalism
i have a lot of tutorials about every thing ( basics , lighting , exposure , composition , colors , files , raw and jpg and retouching with software)
although i have all of these tutorials books and videos ,
but i dont know from where can i start , i have read some about basics ( shutter speed, aperture, depth of field , white balance )

what is the next step ?

i have canon xsi
sigma 530 dg flash
two umbrellas with continuous 500w light
thanks a lot

Practice, apply the things you read in the tutorials into your shots. Dont worry about learning everything at once. Learn the relationship of Aperture, Shutter Speed, Iso and the effects they have on a Pic. While Practicing pay attention to your camera settings and your composition..

thanks for answer . any one have addition

Like already stated, just start taking pictures. Leave your house/apartment and snap away. You will eventually find what you like taking pictures of the most and what angles work best. That's the fun part. Trial by error.

shoot constantly, anything of interest and keep at it.

You've heard, take pictures.

But, there is a big difference between taking pictures and making images.

Making images means having a plan each time you go out and shoot.

Learn the camera in the same order that light enters it.

Start with aperture (f-stops). Put your camera in aperture priority mode and go out and make some images. Pick a subject and made 5 images of it from exactly the same spot but at f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f11, and f/16. Now back up 10 feet, refocus on your subject and do it again from the new spot, 4 images at f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f/11, f/16.

That will show you how 'Depth of Field' (DOF) varies with aperture and how distance from your subject also effects DOF.

You'll need to do similar experiments to learn the effects of shutter speed then ISO and all the other variables that effect a photograph. You'll expand your experiments into how flash works and some other areas.

If you put together an organized plan for learning how the camera works it will take considerably less time to understand photography and attain your goal of being a professional photographer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back