cosmonaut

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
frostchaple01D2.jpg

You have a symmetrical image divisible down the middle. Why did you consider this view to be photogenic? (I got a download error when I tried to view it on a different website.)

Rusty Tripod

Great job on that man.

Thanks Tyson,RKW3. Rusty Tripod. This is an HDR. I was trying to balance the lighting through the shot. It's also part of a famous Landmark here in Rome...
Cosmo

HDR!?!?!
THAT explains it. It is a very well-made HDR, no sign of it, really, as in "too contrasty", "too dynamic", "too cartoonish" <- nothing of those aspects here.
And I very, very, VERY much appreciate the symmetrical alignment of the elements here, going RIGHT through the centre of your frame, nothing else would have looked as good.

While I was beginning to think that HDR is being "milked" by too many, here is an example that might make me think about it as a possible new technique for myself, too! If the outcome is like this, it IS a technique worth to be pursued some more!

Since I do not shoot digital, I have no clue on the pros, cons, or "milking" of HDR. LaFoto seems to have a better grasp on that than I. At least you were able to answer my question. Thanks for doing that.

Rusty Tripod

HDR equates to Dodgeing, burning and making composit images. Digital is not "Black Magic". It is just a different technique. As with film you have to plan your image . know how to achieve it and how it should be presented. The only real difference is that you don't have to breath all those brain adling fumes.... Although you do have to sit in front of a monitor for a few hours. ! ! !
Nice image
I like the way that the themes are repeated in all dimensions. The Architecture is a left / right split. While pattern and colour of the stone work etc is ressessional. balancing the daylight with the internal lighting must have been a real labour of love, or a really lucky gift....
Nice one. And no litter on the ground either....

Most reactions

Back