Frozen in time

AdamK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Cheesy title aside. I did an totally unplanned, uncoordinated, un-everything and just went for a walk with my camera and tripod and came upon this little beauty of a place. Snow on the Isle of Man is beautiful! Shame I didn't capture that. C&C very welcome. :hug:: (Black background pulls the B&W out: Frozen in time | Flickr - Photo Sharing!)

Excellent composition; but the water looks like polluted and brings bad memories :(

Was that really so or just because of conversion?

Regards :D

Excellent composition; but the water looks like polluted and brings bad memories :(

Was that really so or just because of conversion?

Aw I am sorry Frequency :( It is in fact ice! just cracked a bit because it was only weak and the rushing water broke it up into massive chunks.
Thankyou Frequency!

Dear Adam,

My personal opinion is that such images should be retained in colour; as you know in our part of the country, we see snow/frost in refrigerators only ;) . Would you please post its original colour version in the other thread so that i can enjoy its real beauty? I am sure images from your camera cannot be bad at all

Dear Adam,

My personal opinion is that such images should be retained in colour; as you know in our part of the country, we see snow/frost in refrigerators only ;) . Would you please post its original colour version in the other thread so that i can enjoy its real beauty? I am sure images from your camera cannot be bad at all

Haha that made me chuckle, I will put the photo up in 10-20 mins just have to PP it! Thanks Frequency!

Frequency I can't seem to find much colour in the RAW file, I mean there are hints of blue but that's about it, the image just looks B&W in the first place. All I can do is put fake colour in and it doesn't look right :/

how much snow did you get?
We got about 3-4'' here.

Anyway, nice photo :). But the bubbles distract me.

how much snow did you get?
We got about 3-4'' here.

Anyway, nice photo :). But the bubbles distract me.

About the same, more is on the way though :shock: Thankyou! Yeah sorry there was nothing I could do at the time as it was the stream behind me doing that, I could clone them out?

This is very nice Adam, I like the b/w. I especially like the black water.

Gary

Frequency I can't seem to find much colour in the RAW file, I mean there are hints of blue but that's about it, the image just looks B&W in the first place. All I can do is put fake colour in and it doesn't look right :/

I am sorry about that :er:

I am sorry about that :er:

It's not your fault just the scenery was very white and the set contrast made trees quite black so there is no real colour to be had :(

I actually like the dark colored water. This shot is a little bit suggestive of IR, and I bet it would look great in that rendition.

I actually like the dark colored water. This shot is a little bit suggestive of IR, and I bet it would look great in that rendition.

Thankyou Triangular! I will try that :D

Most reactions

Back