frozen lake

Bambi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, I went out yesterday but it was such a grey day that the photos were pretty dull. I decided to play with one and see if I could create a mood. the picture was of the frozen lake by my house. Converted it to B&W and did a curves boost to enhance the black and white. I then created a duplicate layer in Paint Shop Pro X2 and applied the sandstone filter. Played with the tranparency until I got it just right, merged the layers down. I then added the birds with the picture tube tool (now that was a learning curve figuring out how to make picture tubes!). Anyway as a first attempt I'm okay with it but would love some C&C to help me grow. :)

4255787298_1eb466f750_b.jpg

It may be a bit over edited...but hey, I didn't see the original ... and sometimes I LOVE editing the heck out a picture.

Did you have fun doing this?
The birds look a bit phony ...maybe if they were darker like silhouettes?

Perhaps slightly less on the filter, but I think it looks pretty cool.

thanks for the comments guys. It is way over edited. I decided to do that because otherwise it was just plain uninteresting. I can post it so you can see it if you like. the birds are perhaps a bit too faint. I can fool with that too :)

It's not something that I would do a lot of but it was fun :)

Most reactions

Back