Fruit Close-ups

jdunphy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jacobdunphy.com
Could use some feedback on a pair of recent shots.

Raspberry:

Tomato abstract:

In raspberry. Should I have tried to push the f-stop up a little more? This was at f10 on a 90mm macro lens. I couldn't get the whole berry in focus, but maybe it could have used a little more.

In tomato. Any thoughts on the crop/framing in this one? This is pretty much the full shot, I didn't cut much of anything off.

Thanks. If you click on them, you can get bigger versions from flickr.

I would say that a smidge more DOF would have helped your raspberry, although it is very nice as it stands. It looks like you had enough light to allow you to bring your aperture down some more.

if you have photo shop it would be cool if youy added a rasperry color layer to the the fruit. keepin the black background and 35% opacity makes its pretty cool

Thanks for the comments, everybody!

I missed most of them, because I was in the hospital with my wife. We just had a son (our first)!

icassell: Thanks. I could have gone with a smaller (bigger num) aperture for sure. The key light wasn't even close to maxed out for power. I may try a reshoot at some point.

Good God, man... get your priorities straight! At the hospital while your wife is giving birth? :lmao:

Congratulations!

My wife gave birth to our first, 21 years ago.

Get set for the greatest roller coaster ride of your life! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back