KillerChaos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please Critique

AppleStrawberry.jpg

Strawberry.jpg

The colors are washed out. The fruit isn't very vibrant and you can see wrinkles and seems in your background material. In the second shot the strawberry is covered by shadows.

I would try a different lighting method.

yeah, the colors aren't very smooth and bold. you should try different lighting

KillerChaos, I have moved this post to the General Gallery. The Photo Critique section is reserved for more serious critique and therefore we like to keep it to one image at a time...(see FAQS), otherwise it just gets too confusing.

Feel free to post multiple images in other parts of the forum...or to re-post your images individually into the critique section, with a bit of an explanation of the shot and what you were trying to show.

Or just wait for some general critique here, for you get that in these forums, too. Such as the mention that the first is out of focus. For example. It simply is and should not be for a photo of the kind, I think. Focus on the second is better but still not good.

I think it was too dark for these at the time you took them.
The colours don't come out.
Focusing was difficult for the camera - or it simply cannot get as close to your subjects as you tried to get it to. Is there something like a macro setting on your camera (like a flower-icon)?

The immediate thing that hit me was the dull colours.
fruit looks alot better with strong, vivid, vibrant colours.

keep at it.
Josh.

Yes my camera has the macro feature and yes i used it. I took these pics at like 1am, but i had my lights on as bright as they can get. Also i'm poor and can't afford one of those fancy white backdrop things(not sure what their called) u can buy, so I just taped white paper inside a box and put the stuff in there, that's why it shows seems, etc. Anyways thanks for the critiques and advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back