Frustrated...Again

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my parents got their tax return today and bought 3 digital cameras, one for each of them and one for my sister. My mom really needs one and my sister could use one....but my dad? He has one and he doesnt use it. Why would he need to spend 150 bucks on a new one?

And my sister.....the takes quick snapshots. Why does she need the nice 5 MP 180 dollar camera? It frustrates me because I am stuck with the 3.2 MP camera and everybody else gets nice stuff.

I guess I shouldnt but I am. I want a nice camera:(

Best thing you can do is just tell them how you feel and hope for the best eh? Or just ask if you can 'share' and eventually take it hostage ;)

Your dad bought one because he can, it's his tax return right?

Seems like a good time to talk to dad. "You know that one camera you don't use a whole lot."

Teach your sister how to use hers and then borrow it when she is not using it. You can do the same with your mom.

Or go buy one!

Don't let the little things in life frustrate you. Maybe you didn't get one because they know you have one.

Yeah. Well I shouldnt be frustrated. Its not my money. I am getting the one they had. I really am being selfish. Its just....I dont know. My dad doesnt need one and my mom admits that but its his money. My sister is looking for something to shoot pics of friends and when she goes to Washington DC and the camera she is getting looks like a bit much for her.

Its the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ2 that she is getting and I want. Its not the greatest but its better than what I have, which is the FujiFilm Finepix S3000.

I need some coffee. That will calm me down:)

fredcwdoc said:
Your dad bought one because he can, it's his tax return right?

Seems like a good time to talk to dad. "You know that one camera you don't use a whole lot."

Teach your sister how to use hers and then borrow it when she is not using it. You can do the same with your mom.

Or go buy one!

Yeah, I know.

The one he had was either 1 MP or just above that. Its a horrible camera. Im not saying he shouldnt have gotten once since it is his money but I dont know why he would. He doesnt use the one he had and he doesnt really have a reason why. Its just.....odd. And the extra camera was the one that he was given. It would be like me going out and buying a really nice fishing pole and a tackle full of lures and never fishing.

I really am being selfish. Somebody can tell me that. Its fine. I shouldnt have vented like that.

OK, you are being selfish! Kidding! I think you might feel left out more than being selfish. Talk to your dad and the worse thing that happens is he says no.

Coffee to relax? Your system works different than mine I guess!

I raised four kids and I was once one myself. I know how it goes and feels.

fredcwdoc said:
OK, you are being selfish! Kidding! I think you might feel left out more than being selfish. Talk to your dad and the worse thing that happens is he says no.

Coffee to relax? Your system works different than mine I guess!

I raised four kids and I was once one myself. I know how it goes and feels.

I guess I might. Feeling let out fits better. I will spare you all from knowing my age so that you dont think I am that much more pathetic for feeling this way, lol. I mean come on, still living at home and wanting your parents to buy you a camera when they buy the rest of the family one.

And yes, coffee. Its my drug. When I dont have it I get headaches and seem to be a little more grumpy/antsy than usual. Hmmm, maybe im grumpy because of the headache. :lol:

So the surprise was on me. They just werent telling me. Which I guess is the reason it was a surprise when they got home....:) But now I feel like a selfish uhhhh, person.

Hey, at least you have a camera. The one I've been using for the longest time is my parents'...I'm moving out in two days, and I can't take it with me. No more photography for a long time =(

The one I had been using was theres. I have 2 film cameras but with no job and a full time schedule at college I couldnt afford to buy film and get it developed.

I am lucky though. I will admit that much. Sometimes I dont fully realize it I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back