FS/FT: Dell XPS M1330

blowjustinup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking to get into the world of photography; paid way too much for this laptop, and I'm not too fond of Windows. I'd like to trade my laptop for a DSLR camera and/or an apple macbook and/or cash.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00Ghz
2 Gigs of RAM
120gb hard drive
DVD burner
Windows Vista Home Premium
SD Card slot reader
Wireless media remote for expresscard slot

Finish is crimson red, and it has the fingerprint reader, and webcam packages.

Laptop will come reverted to factory; with everything in its original box, though it has been EXTREMELY LIGHTLY used for about a month or so. The light use includes late night IM'ing, surfing, and listening to music on my bed, or the couch in my room. I think this thing has been outside of my room 3 times.

I paid $2400 for this thing, and the price has dropped tremendously in the past 2 months. I'm looking for something like a rebel xti or nikon d70ish. I like to have nice things, so nothing with blemishes etc please. Same thing goes for the Macbook. A macbook with Leapord is preferred over one with Tiger obviously, but almost any blemish-free macbook will do as well as it is supplemented well. $1200 shipped if you'd like to buy it.

PS. Yes, I've been around the internet and forums long enough to know that I'm going to hear it for my first post being a for sale post. Please save it. I'm just getting into digital photography (I have a 35mm SLR [Pentax K1000] that I dabbled with a bit while in high school.. Took a few photography classes; nothing special to report from that though, really.), and can't really do that until I have a camera, and I need to get rid of the laptop to get my camera. Thank you.

Local trades always preferred. Item is in West Haven, CT. I will only take paypal and shipped to confirmed address if you choose to buy it outright. Thanks.

That computer is 1249 new. I could make a huge rant, but I'll save it.

You can not justify charging 1200 for a used laptop that is only 1249 brand new.

Webcam and fingerprint reader are free on that model.

It might be worth a trade for a used camera...that's a definite possibility.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk. Just looking out for my community.

That computer is 1249 new. I could make a huge rant, but I'll save it.

You can not justify charging 1200 for a used laptop that is only 1249 brand new.

Webcam and fingerprint reader are free on that model.

It might be worth a trade for a used camera...that's a definite possibility.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk. Just looking out for my community.

Direct from the Dell website:

XPS M1330

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5250 (2MB cache/1.5GHz/667Mhz FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium Edition
Size: 160GB5 SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
2GB9 Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
Starting Price
spacer.gif
$1,349

Instant Savings
spacer.gif
$100
spacer.gif

Subtotal
spacer.gif
$1,249

This model has a 1.5ghz processor, mine has a 2.0ghz processor ($100 option) and is therefore 33.3% more powerful (That processor has only 75% the power of mine). This model also lacks the dedicated 128mb 8400gs video card (Another $100 option). The video card option also requires an upgraded battery which is a $30 option. As for the webcam/fingerprint reader; I guess Dell has made them standard.. They were actually about $175 together in optional charges when I bought the laptop. That's also the price for the tuxedo black finish. Mine is crimson red, which is a $25 option. I built it up on the website and with my specs (+40gb to the hard drive; which is the lowest option now), the laptop came to a total of $1,474.00. I'm asking $274 less, and that includes shipping.

Thanks for playing.

Edit: Forgot to mention originally, mine also has built-in bluetooth; a $20 option.

Don't you know all consumer electronics loose 50% of their value the moment you walk through the door or plink down your cash.

I would pay the $274 just to have a warranty and complete confidence in the history of the machine.

You'll be lucky to get $600, but that is just my opinion so go get em tiger!

-Shea

Don't you know all consumer electronics loose 50% of their value the moment you walk through the door or plink down your cash.

I would pay the $274 just to have a warranty and complete confidence in the history of the machine.

You'll be lucky to get $600, but that is just my opinion so go get em tiger!

-Shea

This is a drop to 50% of what i paid, thank you. And the machine is under a fully transferrable and extendable, year-long warranty, thank you. Any more questions?

If its not a question, or offer, please don't post in my thread. Thank you, again.

PS, Ive had offers to trade a brand new macbook which fell through because he decided to keep it, and a sale offer for $1200 which fell through because I was waiting on said trade and the kid had bought another laptop by the time the trade fell through. This was all on notebookforums.com, where people live, breathe, and eat laptops (seen it done). If you'd like proof, find my thread in the For Sale section there and I will personally give you a PM history about the laptop.

If you need to gaurantee the history of a machine, why are you bothering to look at a FS thread in a forum about it? Its obviously used, so just dont open the thread.

No more lowballing and/or threadcrapping. Much appreciated. Anything else to say to me, do it in a PM.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back