FS: Manual focus lenses + 18-55mm 'kit' lens for Pentax K-mount (UK).

Don Simon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey... the new lenses, scanner, tripod and bag mean that I am short on money and short on space to put everything... so I am saying goodbye to a number of lenses.

1) Pentax SMC DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6... presumably if you are looking then you know what it is. Standard "kit" zoom for the Pentax (or Samsung) digital SLRs. As you may know it's been generally quite well-received; optical quality and design are both pretty good for a kit lens. Nice touches like the hood with the removable tab for turning filter rings, and more importantly the clutch focus system which lets you manual-focus in AF mode (no switches or clicking rings back and forth required).

The quality (when stopped down) is good enough that I would keep and continue to use it - except that I have a replacement which is "full frame" for my film work too. Condition is basically as new, and lens will be delivered in original box with everything that came in it.

Now for the older, manual focus lenses...

2) Vivitar 19mm f/3.8 (Multi-coated)... not sure who made this one. Got some good prints out of this one. Very good condition.

3) Vivitar 28mm f/2.5. Made by Kiron. If you've used a Kiron you'll know that they really are solid and very nicely finished. Not a whole lot else to say... a 28mm, but slightly faster than the usual f/2.8. Excellent condition.

4) Vivitar 70-150mm f/3.8 (Multi-coated)... Another Kiron with corresponding good build quality. Excellent condition, also has 52mm skylight filter which has rarely been removed.

5) Sears 50mm f/1.7... actually a Ricoh lens renamed for Sears. Multi-coated. The outside is mostly plastic rather than metal, but still feels decent. A good performer as you would expect from a 50mm prime. Condition is very good, there is what looks like a very small scratch in the coating on the rear element, but only right at the edge and I have never seen any effect in the images.

6) Sicor 2x Tele-converter (multi-coated)... just like it says, a 2x teleconverter for any K-mount lens. Sorry, I have no idea who Sicor are or were :) Condition is very good... under a bright light it seems like there is a little very faint marking on one of the elements, but this is hard to spot and certainly no effects are noticeable. Comes with original fabric/leatherette case.

Since I've listed a kit lens and some old manual-focus third-party glass, I am obviously not expecting a lot for these. I'm definitely not expecting any more than I might get on eBay - I just want to avoid the hassle of eBay if I can :wink: so please feel free to make any offers...

Please ask if you'd like to see any photos of, or taken with, any of the above items, and I can post shots or email you whole Jpegs if you want.

For UK people: I'm happy to meet in London, Bucks, Berks, Herts or elsewhere in that general area (please ask if not sure)... otherwise I can post however you want.

If outside the UK, please ask.

Any offers or questions can be posted here, PM'd or emailed, whatever you prefer.

Thanks for looking!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back