FS: Mint Nikon D300 body only

zioneffect564

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SOLD

I have my nikon d300 for sale it's only been used as a backup to my d700 and I don't have the need for it anymore. It's basically only been used once for a wedding when I didn't have my d700. It has right around 1300 clicks on it and it's in pristine condition. No visible wear whatsoever, spent about 98 % of the time in my camera bag. I bought it brand new a few months ago from B&H for $2000 and I'm asking $1400. This is a great camera however I'm no longer shooting weddings and I have no use for a second body now. You can pm me or email me at [email protected]. You can also reach me anytime at 817-804-1448. Pictures available on request.

Last edited:
You paid $2000 for a D300? It was $1700 Canadian when I looked at it half-a-year ago. It's currently $1350 at B&H, so you'll need to lower your price, regardless of what you paid for it.

You have to take into account the condition though. It's not selling for new on B&H for $1350 last time I emailed them about the condition they said that the current one they were selling was a 7 for $1350 and that has visible wear and they said it had over 15000 actuations. This camera has 1300 actuations and it's been used a total of ten hours for a ceremony and a reception. If you can find me a used one on B&H that's better than that I'll sell it to you for $1250 all day long.

In my local area, D300 bodies are selling for $900 to $950 in excellent condition. New d-slr bodies hardly show any wear, unlike older film bodies.
And 15,000 actuations? That's very little use.

Keep in mind that B&H Photo is one of the largest retail AND web photo dealers in the world,and their store reportedly has 5,000 to 10,000 customers per day, meaning they can price things much higher than stores in smaller markets, and they can hold item in inventory until a willing buyer contacts THEM and is willing to pay THEIR price.

The world is a buyer's market these days, and a used D300 from a private party is worth under a thousand US dollars in hundreds of towns and cities all across North America.

In my local area, D300 bodies are selling for $900 to $950 in excellent condition. New d-slr bodies hardly show any wear, unlike older film bodies.
And 15,000 actuations? That's very little use.

True it is very little use but it's still 11 and a half times more than my camera. Well in my area and other areas that I have checked i've seen them for over $1200 in all those areas.

Nikon D300 and MB-D10
Nikon D300 body
Nikon D300 digital camera
Nikon D300

Keep in mind that B&H Photo is one of the largest retail AND web photo dealers in the world,and their store reportedly has 5,000 to 10,000 customers per day, meaning they can price things much higher than stores in smaller markets, and they can hold item in inventory until a willing buyer contacts THEM and is willing to pay THEIR price.

The world is a buyer's market these days, and a used D300 from a private party is worth under a thousand US dollars in hundreds of towns and cities all across North America.

True it is a buyer's market that's why I can say that you don't have to purchase my product because it's not at a price that you like and you can go find another one at a lower price that will make you happy. I just listed it today on craigslist and now it has sold for the price that I am asking therefore proving it is a buyer's market. I can see where you're coming from but my camera is worth what I listed it for and someone thought that as well. So thank you for your concern.

Well that person missed out... Nikon D300 refurbs are 1399 with a warranty.

Congrats on the sale, might want to change the original post to add 'SOLD'.

Well that person missed out... Nikon D300 refurbs are 1399 with a warranty.

Congrats on the sale, might want to change the original post to add 'SOLD'.

Thanks! I was just about to do that before I read your post. It is fixed now.

Exactly, B&H $1349. Not irrelevant at time as it was before you sold.

I don't understand the D300 is $1349 and it had 15000 actuations and it was a 7 rating. Mine is basically brand new with 1300 actuations and I was charging $50 more. I wasn't saying that it was irrelevant at the beginning I'm saying it's irrelevant now because its already sold. I based my price off of the used camera off of B&H because they're a reputable dealer.

Most reactions

Back