FS: Pristine - Nikon D300, Zeikos vertical grip, plus more.

No need to shout (all caps).

Basically the D300 is a Prosumer DSLR while the 60D is an entry-level DSLR. Canon down-featured the 60D to the entry-level category, compared to the prosumer 50D.

The D300 has a slightly larer image sensor so it has a 1.5x crop factor, while the 60D has 1.6x crop factor. More image sensor info: Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon D Technology THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY
16-bit image processing - Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon D Technology THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY

The D300 has a slightly faster frames-per-second burst rate at 6 fps. the 60D is 5.3 fps.

The D300 has many more external controls allowing faster settings changes since menu diving is kept to a minimum. The D300 external controls and their layout are the same on all Nikon prosumer and Professional cameras. The 60D has an all plastic chassis, while the D300 has a Magnesium-alloy, weather sealed chassis. The D300 metal chassis helps keep electronic interference out and makes the camera more durable. Camera body and chassis: Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon D Technology THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY

The 60D has 9 auto focus points with a dual cross point in the center (2,8). The D300 has 51 auto focus points, with the central 15 focus points being cross-type points. The D300 uses the same DX portion of the auto focus module Nikon puts in their top-of-the-line professional grade cameras. You can read more about the D300 Multi-CAM 3500DX auto focus module here: Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon D Technology THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY.

The D300 allows selecting uncompressed, lossless compressed, or compressed 12-bit or 14-bit RAW files.

Since the D300 uses CF cards, and is UDMA capable, buffer release times can be shorter. Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon D Technology THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY

The D300 viewfinder shows approximately 100% of the scene view, while canon says the 60D only shows approximately 96 %. Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EOS 60D

You'll find the D300 specifications here: D300 from Nikon

Last edited:
KmH said:
No need to shout (all caps).

Basically the D300 is a Prosumer DSLR while the 60D is an entry-level DSLR. Canon down-featured the 60D to the entry-level category, compared to the prosumer 50D.

The D300 has a slightly larer image sensor so it has a 1.5x crop factor, while the 60D has 1.6x crop factor. More image sensor info: Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon D Technology THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY
16-bit image processing - Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon D Technology THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY

The D300 has a slightly faster frames-per-second burst rate at 6 fps. the 60D is 5.3 fps.

The D300 has many more external controls allowing faster settings changes since menu diving is kept to a minimum. The D300 external controls and their layout are the same on all Nikon prosumer and Professional cameras. The 60D has an all plastic chassis, while the D300 has a Magnesium-alloy, weather sealed chassis. The D300 metal chassis helps keep electronic interference out and makes the camera more durable. Camera body and chassis: Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon D Technology THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY

The 60D has 9 auto focus points with a dual cross point in the center (2,8). The D300 has 51 auto focus points, with the central 15 focus points being cross-type points. The D300 uses the same DX portion of the auto focus module Nikon puts in their top-of-the-line professional grade cameras. You can read more about the D300 Multi-CAM 3500DX auto focus module here: Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon D Technology THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY.

The D300 allows selecting uncompressed, lossless compressed, or compressed 12-bit or 14-bit RAW files.

Since the D300 uses CF cards, and is UDMA capable, buffer release times can be shorter. Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon D Technology THE POWER TO CHANGE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY

The D300 viewfinder shows approximately 100% of the scene view, while canon says the 60D only shows approximately 96 %. Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EOS 60D

You'll find the D300 specifications here: D300 from Nikon

Reply to my PM please :D

You may have a buyer.

I did reply to your PM, but apparently I goofed up somehow getting it sent to you, because it's not in my PM 'Sent Messages' folder.

The D300 is just the body, and does not include a lens.

The original price of the body, new was $1800.
A good walkaround lens would be any new or in good condition used 18-105 mm or 18-200 mm lens.

Sorry, you snoozed and.....

The extra batteries and memory cards have sold.

But, I have reduced the price for the D300.

Last week, then it goes on eBay.

Ahh, I'm working on it ! My Dad just had to put a pile of money into the road leading up to our house, he is pretty set on buying it once he has money to spare.

Harold Camping says the world is going to end next Friday October 21st. You need to get this camera now, so you can get pictures of the event. ;)

Why do amazing deals like this come when I dont have the money >.< Grr.

Amen. I was almost flat broke when I found a D7000 body only for $750 on Craigslist.
50_b.gif

Most reactions

Back