fuel-powered generator for outdoor shot

bohoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im trying to find out if a Honda generator would be able to power 2 (ideally 4) Bowens 250W lights. They are the old type, I can’t connect Bowen’s generators (or I haven’t figured out how with the materials I have). So to sum up, with the generator I need to power:

- 2 to 4 Bowens lights (can be 250W or 500W).
- Laptop.
- Digital Hasselblad.

How do I do that without blowing the electrics or implosioning the universe?

I take it that you can get or already have the Honda so I would go with a 1250W or higher (not much).

Be Sure that you have something to clean up the voltage from the generator. You would most likely be able to come up with an uninterruptible power supply (one for a computer would work fine). Plug the UPS into the generator and your laptop and camera onto the UPS. The laptop and very
likely the camera both have power supplies that would clean the input voltage but why chance it when the UPS will give you as steady as you are going to get and will continue in case the generator quits unexpectedly?

mike

You may be able to use a powerinverter from a car battery or even a running car. We used those for a large variety of uses while going through the desert.

Just add up the watts 4 lights at 250= !000 watts lets say 400 for laptop and ? for rest of stuff. I will say 1500 watt at least.

Most reactions

Back