Fuji 16-80mm anyone have one already?

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I’m thinking of getting this lens but it doesn’t look like it’s available anywhere in the United States right now. I can order it from Amazon shipped from the UK but I have to pay a hefty premium for that. Just wondering if any of our European members have this lens in what you think of it?

Here's Take Kayo's impression:

bigheadtaco.com Just scroll down to his 16-80 report.

They appear to be available in Toronto(e.g.,Vistek) for a tick over a grand C$. Wondering whether these might be included in any upcoming Fuji USA/Canada holiday promos?

Last edited:
Here's Take Kayo's impressions:

bigheadtaco.com Just scroll down to his 16-80 report.

They appear to be available in Toronto(e.g.,Vistek) for a tick over a grand C$. Wondering whether these might be included in any upcoming Fuji USA/Canada holiday promos?
I was thinking the same thing. That would be great. if lensrentals is anything to go by they will be available early December but they could just be guessing...

Wow, soon you'll have so many lenses you won't be able leave home: you'll be stuck trying to decide which to take. At least that's how I feel so times.

Wow, soon you'll have so many lenses you won't be able leave home: you'll be stuck trying to decide which to take. At least that's how I feel so times.

Definitely have too many. I’m planning a massive fire sale soon! In all seriousness though, if I get the 16-80 and love it, it would replace at least 3 lenses in my kit. I would be selling the 14mm (rarely used), the 90mm (rarely used) and the 18-55. I would probably keep the 35 for indoor low light, keep the 12mm for wide and definitely keep the 60mm for macro/bokeh.

My thinking on the 16-80 over the 18-55 is that most of my photos are outdoors and rarely at 18mm so f2.8 vs f/4 is not a big downgrade with the zoom at the wide end and f/4 at the long end would be an improvement plus the extra reach makes this a killer walk around lens. I miss my Sigma 17-70 from my Nikon days every time I’m traveling. Also I have the xf10 fixed 18mm 2.8 for those rare situations where I need 2.8 at 18mm.

The other lenses I own are either too cheap to bother selling off even though I don’t use them or specialty lenses like the Lenababy Velvet that I’ll keep for certain subjects like flowers or portraits.

Uhoh! Get ready for some Fuji lens for sale threads... I found one and it will be here Monday.

It’s here! Had a chaotic afternoon and evening so didn’t have time to do more than a few quick snaps when I got home. OIS 6 stops claim will be put to the full test tomorrow but first impression on that feature is wow!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back