Fuji Acros base color tint

dimshade

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question regarding the Neopan Acros 100 film. I bought a few of them in 120 to test out and I noticed that the base has quite a heavy pinkish/purpleish tint. I've developed them myself on 35 mm before but I don't have access to the facility. I remember it being almost colorless after I fixed and washed it correctly. This time, I used a pro lab and it looks under fixed/washed. Does anyone have experience with these film to know for sure?

Also, this is a new batch of film. It was sold out everywhere for months before new stock came in. Not sure if this had an effect.

You know. I *vaguely* remember this. But it's been a long time. Though it may be the anti-halation layer not having been washed away properly...

Acros is pretty much clear. (I've included a WhiBal card in the shot to ensure that what you're seeing is accurate.)

8351825927_facefab301_c.jpg

That green stuff is just a reflection on the neg sleeve.

Fuji Neopan SS 100 is kind of purple though. You would definitely know the difference between Acros and Neopan SS 100 though - the grain is very different. Man, I miss Neopan SS 100, lol - it was awesome for pushing (Acros sucks for pushing (though in every other way I love Acros))...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back