Fuji FP-100C film

CarlH

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was having a look at Fuji's website, and its still showing FP-100C on their products page.
The only thing saying anything about being discontinued says "the shipment has finished for 10.2x13.1 (4x5) which I believe is FP-100C45.
So are they still producing FP-100C ?

Was having a look at Fuji's website, and its still showing FP-100C on their products page.
The only thing saying anything about being discontinued says "the shipment has finished for 10.2x13.1 (4x5) which I believe is FP-100C45.
So are they still producing FP-100C ?

As far as I know, they are not producing it anymore. I remember the announcement. I was barely starting to recover from 3000B being taken away. They finished their last production run last year and shipped out all their stock, so it's still available for purchase while supplies last, but they won't be resupplying.

You'll notice the price shot from about $9/box to $20-22/box. I've been buying a couple of boxes here and there to build my stash. I did that when they discontinued the b&w, too.

Maybe Fuji lied about discontinuing it just to drive the price up. :)

According to my Fuji dealer catalog it has not been made since before 4-1-2016.

Only films listed are the Quicksnap waterproof and Quicksnap flash disposable cameras. Fuji 200 135/24 and Fuji Superia X-Tra 400 or 800 135/24.

Maybe Fuji lied about discontinuing it just to drive the price up. :)

Eeeeeeeevil!!

According to my Fuji dealer catalog it has not been made since before 4-1-2016.

Only films listed are the Quicksnap waterproof and Quicksnap flash disposable cameras. Fuji 200 135/24 and Fuji Superia X-Tra 400 or 800 135/24.

They're still making Instax, which is nice since that still leaves an option for instant. Unfortunately, it's the least interesting of all the instant film options (including original Polaroid and Impossible Project.) The color rendering is very good and the prints come out very nicely, but there's nothing else to be done with them. Those of us who think of the print as the beginning of the project get kinda bored with Instax after a while ;)

Can you get a negative for instax ?

Nope. Like I said, it's the least interesting of the instant options. Impossible Project doesn't create a negative either, iirc, but you can do emulsion lifts. The peel-apart is the most versatile and I'm still totally gutted that they've stopped making it. You can do emulsion transfers or lifts, and recover negatives.

They're still making Instax

Oh yeah, forgot about that stuff. Funny it's not in the current dealer catalog as well, yet we carry it here in the store.......!?!

Actually my comment above about Fuji lying may not be entirely a joke. When a company announces a product's discontinuance and then sees its price instantly double (or more) in the marketplace mightn't they have some second thoughts about it ending it? Might they just continue manufacture a little longer just to see how long this upsurge in sales continues at least? I mean doubling the retail price of a product makes a much bigger impression than petitions to the bean counters in the home office.

Personally, I think they should come out with their own packfilm camera AND continue the film. That would be much better than those dinky Instax toys. (Yes, I know that won't happen).

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back