Fuji s9500??

S.T.P.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all

Im an amateur looking to take my landscape photography more serious now and have been looking at an affordable(£300) dslr to start off. Have been looking at the Fuji s9500 which seems to get alot of great reviews but on the other hand, certain website reviews are very negative. Does anyone have any experience of this camera???
icon_confused.gif

Welcome to the forum.

I couldn't find the S9500 on www.dpreview.com I did find an S9100 though...which must be similar to what you are looking at.

One important note...this is not a DLSR...It's "SLR-Like". The big difference being that it doesn't have a mirror and the sensor is very small (1/1.6 "). A true DSLR has an actual mirror and a much larger sensor. The mirror isn't much of an issue...but the size of the sensor is a big one for me. Small sensors don't make for great images and the have a lot of digital noise at higher ISO settings.

Also, it has a built-in lens. Even if it's a great lens...you would never be able to change or upgrade the lens. With a real DSLR, you will be able to get any number of fantastic lenses...if you can afford them.

Have a look at the Canon Rebel XT, or the newer XTi. Also, the Nikon D50 or newer D40 are pretty good.

Thanks Mike, you've raised a very important issue regarding the sensor. My main aim is to take good quality landscape images and then to enlarge them to A1 (841mm x 594mm or 33"x23"), would this camera be able to do this with minimal loss?? mmm, or do I have to save more cash to get a descent DSLR that does??

Thanks also for the links Michael, as a newbie to the DSLR world its totally mind boggling.

Ah well, on with the researching:)

I would certainly recommend a DSLR over that Fuji...especially if you want to make large prints.

Most reactions

Back