Fuji Superia vs Superia Reala

Lol999

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.17minutes.co.uk
I'm looking for a fine grained colour film, ISO 100, and have alighted on the two above. Has anyone used either or both of the films? Is there any difference in performance to warrant the Reala being around twice the cost of ordinary Superia?

Lol :mrgreen:

I have never used Superia, but I do use Superia Reala and it is one of my favorite color films. In fact, it is my favorite negative film I have used. I would highly recommend it. As for the difference between the two films and whether the price difference is worth it, hopefully someone else can speak to that. But IMO, the price of the Reala is worth it.

Superia is good, Reala is great. They have similar characteristics, but the Reala just seems that little bit more accurate and finer grained (it could well be my imagination). So I'd say buy the big box of Reala and keep it in the fridge!

Rob

Unless Fuji has changed the recipe, Reala is a four layer film. Superia is a regular three layer film (but its still very good especially for a non-pro film). This would likely explain the price difference. The fourth layer helps to more accurately render colours under difficult lighting situations (e.g. mixed fluorescent and flash lighting).

My only complaint about the Superia is that blues dont seem as saturated as some of the Kodak films.

I hope this helps,
Kevin

Most reactions

New Topics

Back