I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Earlier this week I found a locaI two camera deal that was too good to turn down...
A fuji x-a1 (i already owned one of these)
And a fuji x-a5.
I did an entire portrait session with the x-a1 a year ago with very good results.
Getting the x-a5 meant bypassing the x-a2 and x-a3 (16mp and 24mp respectively)
The x-a line is fujis entry level line and has APS-C size Bayer sensors instead of the x-trans. (Not really a big deal to me) the x-a5 has a few upgrades over the x-a1 such as better video capabilities and a 24mp sensor, but otherwise very similar in size and weight. (X-a5 is a little bigger)
s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l400 (3).jpg

The dial configuration is the same on all the x-a models. Its missing the left scroll wheel that the higher end models have. Not super great, but intuitive enough that I dont have to actually menu dive with proper button settings.
s-l400 (4)~2.jpg

s-l400 (2).jpg

I have no idea what im going to do with 2 x-a2's and an x-a5 since I also have an x-e2 and. X-T100 but I'll figure something out eventually.

You're going to have them. What more is there to do?
Buy more lenses I guess.
Or get rid of some cameras.
Already ordered another tenba bag...a small though.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I was reading a bit about Fuji cameras last week written I think by Fuji marketing, and they talked about how wonderful this Optical viewfinder they had was. It slides into The accessory shoe, and apparently tremendously improved one type of shooting with their cameras

Last edited:
I was reading a bit about Fuji cameras last week written I think by Fuji marketing, and they talked about how wonderful this until Larry Optical viewfinder they had was. It slides into The accessory shoe, and apparently tremendously improved one type of shooting with their cameras
I have not seen the hot shoe viewfinder yet, but seeing as how I love EVF I would imagine it would be a good accessory for me. Have to look it up sometime

Looked up hotshoe viewfinders and found some optical ones. Might be useful for shooting in bright sunlight but not sure if I would use it otherwise

Not a fan of tack-on VFs atop these LCD-only compacts, mainly because it makes them, er, less compact. Tried a Voigtlander 28mm finder and Ricoh's own version on my Ricoh GR II and found they suddenly transformed a tiny fast-handling LCD-only camera into an awkward lump. Never could easily get the right eye relief (and quick clear framing) we take for granted with SLR cameras.

Given your camera glut, would you be willing to do some horse trading and get, say, a good used X-100T? Love mine. Switchable optical/electronic viewfinder. Great walk-around/candid shooter. Tank-like build quality.

Not a fan of tack-on VFs atop these LCD-only compacts, mainly because it makes them, er, less compact. Tried a Voigtlander 28mm finder and Ricoh's own version on my Ricoh GR II and found they suddenly transformed a tiny fast-handling LCD-only camera into an awkward lump. Never could easily get the right eye relief (and quick clear framing) we take for granted with SLR cameras.

Given your camera glut, would you be willing to do some horse trading and get, say, a good used X-100T? Love mine. Switchable optical/electronic viewfinder. Great walk-around/candid shooter. Tank-like build quality.

im not normally a fan of fixed lens cameras, but....i do seem to have an abundance of cameras that i can swap lenses on at the moment.
i guess it would depend on what sort of swap you had in mind.
send me a PM with your ideas

im not normally a fan of fixed lens cameras, but....i do seem to have an abundance of cameras that i can swap lenses on at the moment.

No man, I’m talking you taking your pile of cameras into a shop and getting something better, like an X100 whatever. The X100T is a great little all-rounder. There’s also a Fuji extension lens that takes the fixed 35mm out to 50mm with no obvious image degradation.

No man, I’m talking you taking your pile of cameras into a shop and getting something better, like an X100 whatever. The X100T is a great little all-rounder. There’s also a Fuji extension lens that takes the fixed 35mm out to 50mm with no obvious image degradation.

ooooooohhhhhh....
not much in the way of camera shops around here. closest is about an hour out. they do buy gear, but dont do trades.

Get what you can for the overstock and then go shopping wherever. Easy.

Most reactions

Back