I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The wife wanted a point and shoot camera. She's big on having a pocket camera around that isn't a cell phone.
Sooooo...decided to keep on riding the fuji train and picked up an xf1.

So...yea. it's a neat little camera.
12mp 2/3" EXR-CMOS sensor.
ISO 100-3200.
Shoots raw, full manual control, and plenty of adjustable buttons to set up menus the way you want. With 6 changeable button commands I do pretty much zero menu diving.
4x zoom lens with 4 stops optical IS.
6.4mm-25.6mm f1.8-f4.9
(25-100mm equalivent)

Anyway...I'm not a huge P&S fan, but it does seem to be a nice little camera.

0600603343a82e8bdc9ab27222f310bb.jpg

aba23a446353b8662d42a681473b65a6.jpg

b0ffa2239c021a42e7f883fa52809e7d.jpg

baa712d6251ddc13525fb9351776862a.jpg

580dde111c35b8f6e566976fa26cea90.jpg

This camera goes with me pretty much everywhere, fits right into one of the outside pockets on my backpack or on my coat. It's a great little camera. You can set it to use only 6mp which I find works well for night shooting. Also, while I love the red color, I taped the whole camera with gaffer's tape to make it more grippy and less garish while shooting in the sketchier parts of town. My only complaint is that the buttons can be oversensitive in the menus.

Very stylish with the wallet-type case. How are the pictures it shoots?

Very stylish with the wallet-type case. How are the pictures it shoots?

i havent gotten around to processing any pictures yet. got off shift this morning at 0800 after not seeing the station for 25 straight hours, had a few things to do after work...and despite 3 monster drinks and an iced caramel latte, i am crashing. 30 hours awake does not agree with me very much. going to try to grab a 2 hour nap, let the wife read the manual for the xf1, then see what it can do.

19mm, f/4.9, 1/15th, ISO1600
shot in raw and processed in LR.

DSCF1002.jpg

I think it made a very pleasing picture considering the iso of 1600 and indoor lighting. Also it did a pretty good job on the dog's whiskers and the hairs as seen against the black blanket. In my past experience with two different Fuji cameras using their patented sensor Tech strong diagonal lines like cat whiskers or dog whiskers were often very prone to "jaggies". This sensor seems not do that.

These 3 year-old Fuji P&S cameras were underrrated at the time and can now be bought--provided you can find them--for very little $$$. The combination of Fuji sensors, processors and optics set them apart from most of the ho-hum competition.

These 3 year-old Fuji P&S cameras were underrrated at the time and can now be bought--provided you can find them--for very little $$$. The combination of Fuji sensors, processors and optics set them apart from most of the ho-hum competition.
I would have loved a Sony rx100, but just couldn't justify the price on it for a P&S.

Most reactions

Back