Fuji X-T20 Incoming

Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Concluded that I really wanted a small mirrorless for family travel instead of my beloved FX Nikon.

I had concluded that the X-T10 (used) was the best bang/buck, but at the last instant I shifted gears and went with the newer X-T20 the the smaller but slower kit lens (16-50).

I was quite tempted to go with the 18-55 faster glass, and honestly will probably end up with it before I'm done, but the premium for now is towards smaller and lighter.

Logistic require that I won't take be able to pick it up until mid May, but I'll keep you posted!

PS- coulda mail-ordered and gotten right away, but the brick-and-mortar folks let me handle and test one, so I felt they had more than earned the sale. I wanted silver instead of black, so there's going to be a slight delay. No big deal.

Welcome to the club. You made a wise choice over the XT1, not that it's bad but the sensor upgrade is significant with the XT20. I don't think the 18-55 will give you that much extra. The 2.8 is only at the 18mm end of the zoom. You really can't go wrong with any of their glass from what I've experienced. I would probably spend the money on the light weight 60mm macro or the 50-230 zoom or the 55-200. Their primes are off the chart. You can always check out images from specific camera or lens on the x photographers website. X-Photographers

Congrats! I like that you gave the local shop your business.

Congrats and welcome to the X family, the XC 16-50mm is a very good lens and you will love it on the X-T20 which is a fantastic little camera.

Silver? You hipster! Lol. Nice move going with the xt20. Check out that Fuji buy/sell Facebook-age I told you about when you’re ready to add some glass.

Silver? You hipster! Lol. Nice move going with the xt20. Check out that Fuji buy/sell Facebook-age I told you about when you’re ready to add some glass.
Ha ha- hipster! Yeah, I'm not shooting for faux vintage, I really AM vintage. Here's what cameras looked like when I started shooting:

Nikon FE
by Peeb-OK, on Flickr

Silver is just 'right'. In fact, the x-t20 reminds me a bit of my first real camera- the Canon Canonet GIII QL17. What a nifty little rig that was!

Really looking forward to taking the Fuji thru it's paces next month!

My X-T20 is the silver one too :)

Your posting made me look at the x-t2 and x-t20... my current Fuji is a lovely x100t. The x-t20 seems like a terrific value! Had a passing temptation to replace both my micro 4/3 olympus om-d e-m1 and lenses and the x100t with a x-t20 and a couple of good primes for travel... the olympus kit is gorgeous and reminds me of my father's old OM-1, so I bought it for sentimental reasons...still have his mint OM-1 sitting in a drawer... but I think I will keep what I have and shoot more... the x100t is perfect for me. Just not too crazy about having two systems.

Love the Fuji X system!

Your posting made me look at the x-t2 and x-t20... my current Fuji is a lovely x100t. The x-t20 seems like a terrific value! Had a passing temptation to replace both my micro 4/3 olympus om-d e-m1 and lenses and the x100t with a x-t20 and a couple of good primes for travel... the olympus kit is gorgeous and reminds me of my father's old OM-1, so I bought it for sentimental reasons...still have his mint OM-1 sitting in a drawer... but I think I will keep what I have and shoot more... the x100t is perfect for me. Just not too crazy about having two systems.

Love the Fuji X system!
I had a buddy with an OM-1 back in the 70's. It was such a beautiful camera. I had a nice Yashica FR at that time with nice glass, but when we shot together, his images always seemed to me to be a bit nicer. Camera? Photographer? Dunno, but what a nice camera!

I had a buddy with an OM-1 back in the 70's. It was such a beautiful camera. I had a nice Yashica FR at that time with nice glass, but when we shot together, his images always seemed to me to be a bit nicer. Camera? Photographer? Dunno, but what a nice camera!

Took this picture of my OM-1 with my OM-1D - sorry for the high ISO. It has the legendary 50mm f/1.4 mounted and the 100mm f/2.8 next to it. Love the tiny size in a full frame analog camera! Too bad taking pictures with it is now such a hassle unless you shoot B&W all the time and don't mind all the developing and scanning chores...

OI000001.jpg

20180420_114857.jpg

20180420_114843.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. You made a wise choice over the XT1, not that it's bad but the sensor upgrade is significant with the XT20. I don't think the 18-55 will give you that much extra. The 2.8 is only at the 18mm end of the zoom. You really can't go wrong with any of their glass from what I've experienced. I would probably spend the money on the light weight 60mm macro or the 50-230 zoom or the 55-200. Their primes are off the chart. You can always check out images from specific camera or lens on the x photographers website. X-Photographers

Can't see consistent shot-to-shot difference between the 16-24mp X-trans, certainly not enough to warrant the whopping price difference. Have passed around friends' XT2s and X100Fs and my X100T and XT1s. Cropping gold from a crap shot is obviously the advantage of the larger sensor. Couldn't see where a new XT2 was worth around a 1000 bucks more than a new XT1. Besides, the difference amounts to the cost of a couple of Fujicrons.

It's a killer system, beautifully made, with superb glass that punches way above its weight.

Last edited:
Peeb,

I did similar, except I went with an Olympus OM-D E-M1 mk1. I wanted a lighter smaller camera, when I did not want to haul out the dslr, and for travel. The E-M10 is even lighter, 93 grams lighter than the E-M1. Until the Olympus, my only option was the P&S, which I really don't care for.

My first 35mm camera was chrome, but I went black for the 2nd and later cameras.
The chrome finish lasted longer and better than the black paint on the black bodies.

Most reactions

Back