Fuji X-T5 is on the way!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just couldn’t resist the IBIS, 40MP and AF improvements… super excited for the upgrade. Selling my X-T2 to mpb since there are too many scammers online these days.

From what I have read it's a fantastic camera. No pressure to produce even more amazing shots than you do now ;)

Agree fully with your comment on not selling online due to scammers 👍
Anything I no longer require is either sold to people I know, given/sold to family or kept, been hassled one time too many.

Beautiful looking camera and specs, 1/180,000 max shutter speed (?!) kind of blew my mind, guess you can start shooting solar flares then ;)

Stupid question (which, yes, I will Google...) I see it has both mechanical (1/8000) and electronic (1/180,000) shutters.

I assumed mechanical shutters were dead and superfluous these days. Curious to see what the decision process would be for choosing to shoot mechanical vs electronic shutter on a modern camera.

P.S. - Finding out now.. Mechanical vs Electronic Shutter vs EFCS

From what I have read it's a fantastic camera. No pressure to produce even more amazing shots than you do now ;)
The reviews have been pretty great and the timing is good for me.

Agree fully with your comment on not selling online due to scammers 👍
Anything I no longer require is either sold to people I know, given/sold to family or kept, been hassled one time too many.

Beautiful looking camera and specs, 1/180,000 max shutter speed (?!) kind of blew my mind, guess you can start shooting solar flares then ;)

Stupid question (which, yes, I will Google...) I see it has both mechanical (1/8000) and electronic (1/180,000) shutters.

I assumed mechanical shutters were dead and superfluous these days. Curious to see what the decision process would be for choosing to shoot mechanical vs electronic shutter on a modern camera.

P.S. - Finding out now.. Mechanical vs Electronic Shutter vs EFCS
I know some features don’t work with certain shutter modes. I believe the crop 1.29x mode only works with the E shutter and ISO range and flash are limited when E shutter is used.

Congrats! Can't wait to see what you can do with the new camera. I hear you on scammers online is why I trade in at a local camera store.

Congrats Sharon, hope you enjoy/love the X-T5 as I'm well chuffed with my one.

Congrats! Can't wait to see what you can do with the new camera. I hear you on scammers online is why I trade in at a local camera store.

Yeah it has become really bad the past 2+ years. In 2016 when I bought the X-T2, I sold all of my Nikon gear either in person via Facebook Marketplace / Craigslist type of cash only transactions or via the Nikon Buy Sell Facebook group. I also bought a lot of Fuji gear in the Fuji Buy Sell Group but every time I check those groups now all I see is obvious scammers and scammer warnings.

Congrats Sharon, hope you enjoy/love the X-T5 as I'm well chuffed with my one.
Based on my extensive watching of British tv shows I believe "well chuffed" is a good thing.

Sweet. It's a superb system. All you need now is a Fuji X-100 series camera for whenever you want to leave the bag at home.

Sweet. It's a superb system. All you need now is a Fuji X-100 series camera for whenever you want to leave the bag at home.
I have a XF10 but I think I am going to sell it off. I never use it anymore. I don't like that it doesn't have a viewfinder and I find it hard to see the controls and lcd even with my glasses on. Now that I have a iphone 14pro that can shoot in raw and has 48mp - f 1.78 and f 2.2 at 13mm and image stabilization, I just don't see the need for the pocket sized camera. The only one using it has been my mom and she just got a new iphone as well.

Congrats on the new toy!
Thank you! I'm super excited for it to arrive. It's a pricey toy. I was just thinking how this hobby makes you gradually immune to the price tags. You start out thinking $500 for a dslr is a lot but it comes with xyz... then you splurge on one fast lens... then you upgrade the body to a mid level, then you want the latest toy and start to think $1K+ seems like a steal for the upgraded features!

Congrats and enjoy. I can't make up my mind as to whether it is worth upgrading from my X-T4. Come spring and wildlife, I suspect I might be wishing for the 40MP though.

Congrats and enjoy. I can't make up my mind as to whether it is worth upgrading from my X-T4. Come spring and wildlife, I suspect I might be wishing for the 40MP though.

The 40MP does sound tempting.
Yes the thought of maintaining decent IQ on a 100% crop is one of the things that pushed me over the edge.

BTW - it’s here! Ordered Monday at 1:27pm and received Wednesday at 12:10pm.

Last edited:
It is mostly your fault I got my first Fuji lol. A few others on here have the Fuji system and were partly responsible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back