Fuji X100V: Initial Takes?

cgw

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Early days and all the influencers are hard at it, as usual, but what's your take on the newest X100 camera? The virtually flush flippy LCD is impressive. Still, it's adios d-pad and hello touch screen--something that kept me away from a holiday-discounted X-E3(bought a new amp instead!).

Looks like a nice incremental update, but without a brighter lens or IS it's not a huge step forward.

Looks like a pretty substantial upgrade. CPU / sensor, added a articulating screen, dust and weather resistance, better viewfinder, serious lens refresh. Looks like Fuji hit another one out of the park. I expect even better things with the XT4 /XH2 coming out. I doubt it will be a XT3 refresh, probably an update to their flagship XH1. My guess a sports action, wildlife flagship camera.

The X100V Cdn$ pricing seems a bit steep. I'm skeptical about the degree of dust and weather resistance and how it's delivered. Might trade in my X100T when we get beyond the influencer "reviews." This is one of the better first looks for its objectivity:

DPReview TV: Fujifilm X100V hands-on preview

Early days and all the influencers are hard at it, as usual, but what's your take on the newest X100 camera? The virtually flush flippy LCD is impressive. Still, it's adios d-pad and hello touch screen--something that kept me away from a holiday-discounted X-E3(bought a new amp instead!).

I love the touch screen on my X-E3 so handy.
At the moment I will wait till the New X-T4 has been out a while then decide what one to get, either the X100V or X-T4.

I have seen some shots taken with the X100V and can say the new lens on it is sharper @f2 than the X100F is @f2 so they did a great job on making the lens better.

The dPreview video segment was very positive. Looks like a major lens improvement in the 100V.sounds great, except for removing the D-pad.

Have just put in my order for a nice new black X100V, let the fun begin.

With improved lens, higher resolution, and weather sealing, it looks like the 1oo series that is getting me closer to trading my x100T in. I may wait for the next generation so see if it includes image stabilization and longer eye relief for eye glass wearers, and I'll be there.

Well, I ended up finally getting one and all I can say is...I love it. Super glad they removed the d-pad, main reason I wanted it. I have huge hands and that thing always got in the way, my one gripe about X-series. Built in ND filter is super handy. AF is super and I'm a manual shooter. Love the hybrid viewfinder. Leaf shutter is always a great thing. Here is a sample of the ND, f/16, ISO 160, on a tripod with cable release. Shot today. 2nd image is an example of fast AF, subject had back to me and I called out his name...

2020_1002_15143700-01.jpeg

2020_1002_15141100-01.jpeg

Well, I ended up finally getting one and all I can say is...I love it. Super glad they removed the d-pad, main reason I wanted it. I have huge hands and that thing always got in the way, my one gripe about X-series. Built in ND filter is super handy. AF is super and I'm a manual shooter. Love the hybrid viewfinder. Leaf shutter is always a great thing. Here is a sample of the ND, f/16, ISO 160, on a tripod with cable release. Shot today. 2nd image is an example of fast AF, subject had back to me and I called out his name...

View attachment 198315

View attachment 198316

@jcdeboever Nice, enjoy your new toy my friend, stay healthy!

Innards aside, it's really the form factor and viewfinder that consistently set the X100 series apart. Great design. Superb build quality. Surprised sometimes how many shots I liked were taken with my X100T.

Most reactions

Back