FujiFilm S 7000---digital----HELP?

purduefan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am relatively new to photography and want to enter the digital age. I have a Rebel film camera with a 300mm lens, but i am unhappy with the results I get. I mainly want to take pics of football games---mostly at dusk and night time. They seem to come out very dark or blurry. I realize that my aperture is not good enough. Now, if I buy this Fuji, with an F 2.8, will that be enough to get quality action shots during the dark hours? Any help would be great. I am just trying to get a good camera without spending thousands of dollars. I mainly want to make some good family memories. Thanks for any help you have.....

2.8 should be alright,
Try using an iso of 400+ (dont go to high though, the fujis are good with noise, but its still an issue)

Your only other option is to get a VERY expensive and fast zoom, or use teleconverters on a fast lens (although teleconverters take like, so they will still affect the shutter speed)

I personally have been very happy with my S7000.

Here are 2 recent night shots that I took using the ISO of 200. I know it's not an action shot but maybe it will give you some idea of how little lighting you need. These are luminaries around a small lake placed there to honor cancer victims and survivors. I didn't have my tripod with me and used a lawn chair to stabilize myself.

LuminaryLost.JPG

Luminaries.JPG

(I don't have the specs with me so I can't tell you what my f-stop was set at until I go back and look - sorry.)

thank you very much for your help. Any other suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated. Now I can't decide between the S7000 and the S9000.

I'll keep you updated.

I had an S7000 before I bought my Canon and I loved the Fuji while I had it. It's a great camera. And you should be good with shots later in the day on a higher ISO setting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back