Fujifilm X100V

Warhorse

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
They have been out of stock everywhere for a while now.

Anybody have some insider reason as to why?

They are available here in the UK, good luck with your search.....

Google will return the same news for most brands. Seems you can sit out the shortage; buy second-hand; or look for an X-100F or a new X-E4+27/2.8 kit. Fuji started acknowledging the shortages over a year ago and little has changed since. Same goes for lenses. The new-ish little 27/2.8 is MIA, too.

We have lots more retailers than Amazon even here in the UK.......:chuncky:

Google will return the same news for most brands. Seems you can sit out the shortage; buy second-hand; or look for an X-100F or a new X-E4+27/2.8 kit. Fuji started acknowledging the shortages over a year ago and little has changed since. Same goes for lenses. The new-ish little 27/2.8 is MIA, too.
The X-E4 kit is intriguing...

The X-E4 kit is intriguing...
Take a hard look. If you have big paws, it may seem a bit tiny. Fuji does make a grip that improves its ergonomics--albeit at a price. I have an X-100T and the grip made a big difference for that slightly larger model. Did the same with my two X-T1 bodies: battery grip on one, regular grip on the other.

Do read the reviews for a sense of what features work.
Fellow Canadian Take Kayo's reviews are usually worth a look:

Last edited:
I am on several "notify me when in stock lists" for the X100V, I will anxiously wait...

The X-E4 is not in stock either.

Last edited:
I have an X100F. Decided against the cost of an upgrade to the 100V because the only really significant change is the lens. However, the 100F is no mean performer and more than good enough for the sort of photography that I use it for. Ergonomically, it's also closer to the X-T series if that's of interest. Consequently, for the trade in price difference, I didn't think that it was worth it. So, a pre used X100F might be worth considering given that many will have been traded for the V. Could save some cash for something else into the bargain.

Fuji stuff seems harder to get than most other brands (per my local store... they can get most everything else but Fuji stuff is few & far between.) I looked for months for a X100V. The few new ones are selling well above retail and used ones close to retail. My local shop got a used on in & was nice enough to set it aside for me

I had the X100T and while I mildly enjoyed it for the 4 years I had it, I found it not the most enjoyable to handle. So instead of upgrading to the V version I moved on to a FF camera and I'm happier.
If I purchase something along the lines of the X100V I'd buy the Nikon Z FC and get a better camera w/ the lens of my choice.

Last edited:
I had the X100T and while I mildly enjoyed it for the 4 years I had it, I found it not the most enjoyable to handle. So instead of upgrading to the V version I moved on to a FF camera and I'm happier.
If I purchase something along the lines of the X100V I'd buy the Nikon Z FC and get a better camera w/ the lens of my choice.

Sounds like you just didn't get the X-100 form factor. The Nikon Z FC does what the Fuji X-T1 did 8 years ago...

Sounds like you just didn't get the X-100 form factor. The Nikon Z FC does what the Fuji X-T1 did 8 years ago...
I get the small size and thought it would work out for me. Manual controls were cool but it was too cramped to enjoy using for me. Plus optical viewfinder wasn't very clear and evf was small. Size was cool but it was a struggle to use for me. I'd prefer the Nikon ZFC or posible the Sony A7C for a rangefinder style. For me it's hard not to like Nikon's rich colors.

Last edited:
I get the small size and thought it would work out for me. Manual controls were cool but it was too cramped to enjoy using for me. Plus optical viewfinder wasn't very clear and evf was small. Size was cool but it was a struggle to use for me. I'd prefer the Nikon ZFC or posible the Sony A7C for a rangefinder style. For me it's hard not to like Nikon's rich colors.
It's the rangefinder thing. I guess. It's WYSIWIG+, meaning what's inside the frame lines+what's not are both visible. No one else has that hybrid finder. The auto-paralax correction is magical. No issues for me with that finder; indeed, that was the selling point for many. YMMV, as always.

It's the rangefinder thing. I guess. It's WYSIWIG+, meaning what's inside the frame lines+what's not are both visible. No one else has that hybrid finder. The auto-paralax correction is magical. No issues for me with that finder; indeed, that was the selling point for many. YMMV, as always.
Glad you're ecstatic over it and for all the others that love it. I know how it works it's just not great for me.

Most reactions

Back