Fujifilm XE2 versus XT1

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by millerguide, Jul 16, 2014.

1. pez

pez Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Actually I love my Pentax DSLRs, but also have two K-01s and a Q, so I'm familiar with mirrorless. I keep waiting for a Pentax K-mount EVF, but I'm beginning to think that will be forever. The XT1 looks to have the best EVF ever put on a camera, so it naturally piques my interest.

2. Gary A.

Gary A. Been spending a lot of time on here!

The old EVF's of the XP1 generation were pretty much dogs. The work okay for static photography but shooting non-stationary subjects in low light ... man did the EVF start howling. The XT1 is a significant improvement over the first generation. I also have the EM5 and EM1 ... In my opinion the Fuji XT1 EVF beats the Oly's as well. I shoot a lot of action stuff and at 8FPS the XT1 EVF just can't refresh quickly enough to keep up. So you're shooting blind half the time. Other than that, the EVF is quite seamless. Seeing not only what, but also how the sensor is seeing the light is a very useful tool. The EVF can almost render the light meter to a secondary function. If you were out here in God's country I'd let you play with my Fuji's.