Fujinon 16/2.8 R WR

cgw

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Anyone succumbed to GAS and grabbed the newest of the compact “Fujicron” family? Love the 23/35/50 set but wonder about this 24mm equivalent.

I have not been tempted with the 23 or 50 yet since i have those covered with a zoom, but I have looked at the 16mm a few times. The price isn't bad at all.

Got one late last week. A very sweet lens--just as sharp, light, and well-made as the other "Fujicrons." Fast, quiet AF.

Dumb luck put me in the store with a Fuji rep doing a product demo who passed along a $50 mail-in rebate coupon. Nice.

Got to fondle a 13 grand 100mp GFX 100.Wow!

Fujifilm.ca CRM and honest interest in how you like their products is refreshing.

let's see a photo of the 16mm lens!

The GFX100 is all over the Fuji FB pages! What did you think of their 'virtual dial' implementation?

I am tempted ... and I don't even have a Fuji camera.
Sony should make one of these.

let's see a photo of the 16mm lens!

The GFX100 is all over the Fuji FB pages! What did you think of their 'virtual dial' implementation?

The GFX is a gorgeous piece of industrial design. The LCD "dials" are different but point the way to a better display method free of scroll and click menus for key shooting parameters. IBIS is killer. Lenses are great.

Fujifilm seems to be consistently out-innovating the major camera makers. Many of the GFX 100 features will likely trickle down to the rest of the fleet. Maybe such design advances are only possible in a company like Fujifilm that doesn't rely so heavily on imaging product revenues. Cameras like this just aren't being cranked out by Canon and Nikon.

I have owned the Fuji S1, S2 and S5 Pro models. Fuji's 4-button image Setup Menu was sooooo well-done in the S2 Pro model! Fuji unfortunately went the wrong way with the S5's setup options.

Very pleased with recent vacation shots with the 16/2.8 R WR on a Fuji X-T1. Sharp, nice contrast, quick AF. This available light image from Harpers Ferry, West Virginia.

WAT26344HFStoreAa.jpg

Not for me as just picked up my new XF16-55mm f2.8 so wont need the other 16mm.

That 16 is a real nice add to their X series. There were a lot of people wanting that focal length but not gerth and price of the 16 1.4. They listen to their customers.

I sold a lot of my fuji gear to fund my GFX50R purchase. I still have the XT2 and a few lenses. I was able to walk around the block in Ann Arbor, MI with the Fuji rep and a GFX100. Unbelievable output. The liquid dials are brilliant IMO. They got me, I ended up going home with a 100-200 and a used paul c buff strobe with barn doors. I hate that place...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back