Fuji's Kit Lens -- No Slouch

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fuji sells their X camera bodies with an available 18-55mm f/2.8/4 kit zoom. Kit zooms across the industry don't tend to have stellar reputations for performance. I was browsing one of the Fuji specific forums and ran across a thread where the OP was expressing concern about the kit lens and wasn't sure it would be adequate to purchase with the camera. So I grabbed my camera and decided to take a photo as reassurance for that person.

Camera on a tripod I walked up the street to an old home and figured the texture of the concrete wall would do nicely. Just as I took the photo a fly landed on the wall at the point of focus.

full-frame.jpg

Did you know that flies have six legs? That photo can prove it. Here's a 100% crop:

fly.jpg

Joe

I love my 18-55 f2.8-4.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

It isn't a cheap lens. Most "kit" lenses are. Calling it a kit lens may be inappropriate. It is my most used lens.

It isn't a cheap lens. Most "kit" lenses are. Calling it a kit lens may be inappropriate. It is my most used lens.

You get no argument from me about it's quality. Fuji knows glass. But the 18-55mm is sold and referred to as the "kit" lens, Fuji just didn't cut corners to make the camera with that lens less expensive. I use mine all the time.

Joe

It's such a boring lens that people leave it in the bag, especially if they have the 16mm . It is stellar, no doubt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back