Full Body Ella, Angel vs Devil - Tips?

What just happened to my thread? Anyway, I don't own any boating vehicles. If and when I get that reflector, I do plan to get a stand (any suggestions?), and I wasn't paid for this shoot. It was as much for her as it was for me. If you compare this to my last shoot with her I think in at least some aspects it's a little better. Thanks!

Tips are usually best when received and pondered _before_ a tricky photo shoot. I think the addition of the wings and halo really shows that those props would have really made the idea much more clear, more obvious....I didn't really get the devil or angel theme from the black and white dresses...I thought it was some kind of a "twins" theme...but it could have been salt and pepper...or black and white...or just "two cute girls, one in black, the other in white."

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned one alternative to both reflector fill and flash--and that is just simply "opening up the lens", and allowing the brighter backgrounds to blow out...done with a bit of care, that can look pretty decent. It takes emphasis off of the background by making it less-recognizable, which can be of a lot of help when you do not have a long lens to throw things out of focus...when working with a crop-body camera and short lens lengths, so you can manage to get a full-length figure from close range, simply overexposing the background can work pretty well.

As far as outdoors and reflectors: think rectangular panels!!! Why??? MUCH more surface area than round, disc refelectors. MUCH more usable area!!! Also, rectangular, or square panels are much,much easier to stabilize, and to turk-spike down. Round reflectors demand grip arms and clamps and stands and shot bags...major PITA. For outdoors, I use C-stands, because they have very heavy, heavy bases. Regular, light duty strands outdoors are an accident waiting to happen, and demand shot bags, turf spikes, and if it's windy, even guy wires and stakes...they suck outdoors.

Yeah I did that with one of them and definitely noticed the effect!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back