Full Manual or Semi Manual

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you guys use full-manual all the times? Or, do you use semi-manual? I use semi-manual when I go different places at once. The only time I use full-manual when I stay in one place and taking multiple shots with different settings and exposures.

Full manual, except ISO I leave auto.

If you use full manual all the time, what if you go to different places have different lighting condition? Do you adjust the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO very fast?

It completely depends on the situation. I go between shutter, aperture, and manual.

tecboy, unfortunately your t3i makes it hard for you to do manual all the time. You do not have the thumbwheel to change the aperture, shutter speed, ISO real quick while looking through the viewfinder.

I like to use manual while I am doing portrait at the wedding, getting ready shot, or when I use flash during the reception. Any other time I use AV a lot.

Depends on what I'm shooting and the results I want. Sometimes I do mull manual everything... ISO, shutter speed, aperture, white balance, focus point. Other times I shoot in aperture or shutter priority with auto WB and focus. On rare occasion I use the feared Green A.

tecboy, unfortunately your t3i makes it hard for you to do manual all the time. You do not have the thumbwheel to change the aperture, shutter speed, ISO real quick while looking through the viewfinder.

I like to use manual while I am doing portrait at the wedding, getting ready shot, or when I use flash during the reception. Any other time I use AV a lot.

Trying to understand the situation. That is why I asked. I may get a better DSLR in near future.

It depends on what and where I'm shooting. I've been using aperture priority recently, but I am comfortable shooting manual.

There's a time and place for each, Manual, Aperture and Shutter speed priority...even Program Auto. Knowing when and where is key. Using Manual all time is a great way to blow an opportunity during events where light is constantly changing. Only time I use Manual is in the studio, at night or with flash.

Full manual. I really don't see any issue adjusting the aperture, shutter and ISO according to conditions or the desired effect for the photo I want to achieve. I've gotten quite quick at messing with these settings.

Are you a semi manual or semi automatic type person?

What I do is switch between full manual and full automatic every time I see this topic posted.

It's really confusing.

-grin-

Most reactions

New Topics

Back