Full-range FX lens reccomendations?

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for a backup lens for my Nikon full-frame cameras in the case of a malfunction or I drop a lens and break it while on assignment (It's happened more than I'd like to admit). I'm trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible as this will just be a backup and i'll probably never use it unless I loan it to a friend. I'm looking at something that will cover wide to telephoto, and was originally looking at the Nikkor 28-300mm VR but it's a little more than I'd like to spend. Do you guys have any recommendations on maybe some discontinued or off-brand lenses that might fit the bill for me? I'm a wedding photographer. Thanks!

I wouldnt buy a lens that even though its back up and probably never use it but if you will need it then it will be so bad you will be sorry you bought it.

Then my recommendation is Nikon 24-85mm VR or 24-85mm AF-D good lenses and quite resonably priced used
I had the 24-85mm VR and its worth around 300$, I am not sure about the older 24-85mm AF-D but its probably cheapper.

I know it's a little short but you might like the Tamron 28-75mms f/2.8. Great reviews all around and goes for $300-$350 used.

Although I primarily use my 28-200 AF-D for street shooting, it could easily be pressed into service as a replacement for my 24-120 f/4 G

Although I primarily use my 28-200 AF-D for street shooting, it could easily be pressed into service as a replacement for my 24-120 f/4 G

Thanks for the help. I was actually looking at the 28-200 AF-D. Do you like it?

Most reactions

Back