FullFrame Sensor in D7000 body?

I don't think the D800 will have any new sensors, basically it will just take the D3s sensor like how D700 had the D3 sensor.

Can you cite your source?

Either way the D700 will be cheaper or the D800 will be better but sometime within the next 20 years things will be good.

Why would Nikon do this.. when it would basically kill a lot of D300/400 and D700/d800 sales? If it happens, I would be really surprised.... :)

They already killed most D3 sales with the D700,
plus most D90 and D300 sales with the D7000.
So why not kill the D700 sales with a D7000x?

I am sure the D800 and D4 will each be in a different class.

just because the D7000, on paper, is "better" does not mean that people will buy it. i love the D7000 for family snapshots. but, throw a 70-200 VR on a D7000 body and it gets nose heavy real fast. it feels just so wrong...not to mention the wrist pain!

don't underestimate the power/need for a larger and heavier body that balances pro glass. to me, with big glass mounted, i would rather shoot with a D200 than a D7000 for an 8 hour wedding.

As I mentioned in another post.. I use the 70-200 VR II on my D7000 a lot.. never bothers me! You seem to have some hard on against the D7000... whatever. Limp wrists, maybe?

+1 cgipson, and some seem to think only pro's and rich people purchase the top shelf Nikon offerings, too.

just because the D7000, on paper, is "better" does not mean that people will buy it. i love the D7000 for family snapshots. but, throw a 70-200 VR on a D7000 body and it gets nose heavy real fast. it feels just so wrong...not to mention the wrist pain!

don't underestimate the power/need for a larger and heavier body that balances pro glass. to me, with big glass mounted, i would rather shoot with a D200 than a D7000 for an 8 hour wedding.

I'm finding these comments interesting. I'm the average consumer, not rich, plus a photo student who only looks to this as a hobby. I bought a D7000 but will have a FX when the next gen comes out, and I also happen to have bought both lens you mention an average person won't buy (24-70, 70-200).

I think he just likes having "PRO" or "Semi-PRO" bodies.. doesn't want our dinky little consumer bodies... you can't be a real "PRO" with a D7000.. right? I say raspberries to Billydoodoo....

+1 cgipson, and some seem to think only pro's and rich people purchase the top shelf Nikon offerings, too.

I was making a living with camera's long before he was born.. so I'm not taking him too seriously! :)

Yea, and he mentioned only pro's and rich people buy the FX and 70-200 and such. I'm waiting for the NEW FX and the 70-200 is in my bag, along with the 24-70, and I'm just the average hobbyist and photo student nooB.

Yea, and he mentioned only pro's and rich people buy the FX and 70-200 and such. I'm waiting for the NEW FX and the 70-200 is in my bag, along with the 24-70, and I'm just the average hobbyist and photo student nooB.

yea.. oh well!

btw.. I am still thinking D800 right now.. but starting to drool over the possibilities of what the D4 might be like... I might have to go there, but for functionality (which is why I bought the D7000).. not because of the "PRO" designation... we will see! :)

EDIT: Although I am afraid that MASSIVE "PRO" body might overbalance my poor little 70-200.. lol!

yea.. oh well!

btw.. I am still thinking D800 right now.. but starting to drool over the possibilities of what the D4 might be like... I might have to go there, but for functionality (which is why I bought the D7000).. not because of the "PRO" designation... we will see! :)

EDIT: Although I am afraid that MASSIVE "PRO" body might overbalance my poor little 70-200.. lol!

+1, me too!
badteeth.gif

you guys need to relax. good grief. i said THE D7000 is a GREAT CAMERA! stop only citing 1/2 of what i said.

the fact is, the D7000 is a consumer camera. the D700 is more of a pro camera, but not 100% pro as the D3 is. that is just reality and in no way implies i think less of any camera. in fact, the d7000, combined with an 18-55 VR, would produce AMAZING PHOTOS.

Now...

the other fact is that the average consumer (who does not post on a photography forum) will not buy a 24-70 and 70-200, or even know what a fast lens is. the AVERAGE consumer looks at the 3100/5100 at Walmart. We are not AVERAGE. we are on a forum bickering over what i posted when others are tinkering with their new cameras and think bokeh is a new French movie released this past summer!

Nikon builds way more consumer-grade cameras in order to make money...it's that simple. they sell less D700s and D3s.

Nikon builds Pro Glass to go with Pro bodies...they build plastic mount consumer glass to go with consumer bodies. What am i saying that is causing a stir? Never did I bash the D7000 and it will indeed be a "better" camera on paper when i "down-grade" to a D300s as my backup.

BUT...

the Pro glass balances better on a bigger body. It is designed this way. Nikon experts know that most (not all), but MOST people that buy a D3100,5100, or 7000 will purchase a 70-300 VR over a 70-200 VR. Why??? because of price point. Therefore, when you change up the plan, you can feel the difference?

personally, i think the 70-200 VR is awkward on a D7000 body. it does not mean the combo will not take fantastic images.

so, STOP with the nasty posts (i.e. limp wrist) aimed at me when i have not said anything but a) Fact and b)Educated Speculation, as well as c)Personal taste and opinion.

I am new here and so far this forum seems very defensive when one brings up something counter to popular belief...

(sorry for the rant but i felt some posts were not justified)

They already killed most D3 sales with the D700,
plus most D90 and D300 sales with the D7000.
So why not kill the D700 sales with a D7000x?

I am sure the D800 and D4 will each be in a different class.

As I mentioned in another post.. I use the 70-200 VR II on my D7000 a lot.. never bothers me! You seem to have some hard on against the D7000... whatever. Limp wrists, maybe?

that comment was not called for.

my personal opinion about the balance of pro glass on a consumer body is technical speculation and personal observation. i do find it awkward. do you shoot professionally? have you shot 8-9 hours with a 70-200 VR on the D7000? if so, then you are different physically. Bravo to you! i need the bigger body when i shoot for long hours.

...and let me add AGAIN, the D7000 is a great camera

that comment was not called for.

my personal opinion about the balance of pro glass on a consumer body is technical speculation and personal observation. i do find it awkward. do you shoot professionally? have you shot 8-9 hours with a 70-200 VR on the D7000? if so, then you are different physically. Bravo to you! i need the bigger body when i shoot for long hours.

...and let me add AGAIN, the D7000 is a great camera

I apologize for the comment.. meant more in fun than to imply anything. Yes.. I have done several day long events (14 hours plus) with the D7000 and the 70-2000.... sometimes with a monopod for short periods or occasionally switching to my 24-70 or another lens for a short period. But the 70-200 is the lens that stays on it most when shooting like this. Usually with a SB900 mounted with a large bounce card for fill, or on a bracket for OC flash, and a grip on the body. Some 2000+ shot days. I usually use the lens as my balance point... and don't hold the lens up with the body. Old habit from pre AF days... when you had to manual focus. I no longer shoot full time on a professional basis.. haven't done that since the late 80's. But still shoot "professionally" if you define that as being paid for providing the service.

I personally don't notice much of a difference in handling when switching bodies... as long as they have a motor drive or a battery grip on them, no matter how big the lens is. Probably because, as mentioned... I support the body by supporting the lens...not the other way around.

Yea I have my D7000 gripped too for helping with the weight of the lenses. The manual that came with the 70-200 says don't hold it by the cam body, always hold it by the lens.

Billydoo I'm never too serious on the 'net either.

Yea I have my D7000 gripped too for helping with the weight of the lenses. The manual that came with the 70-200 says don't hold it by the cam body, always hold it by the lens.

Jeez, 2wheel... you actually RTFM'd? Dude... I just lost all respect for ya! :p

Jeez, 2wheel... you actually RTFM'd? Dude... I just lost all respect for ya! :p

lol.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back