Fully manual anyone?

Yep, reminds me of my Kodak Master Photoguide.
kodak-master-photoguide-manual-camera-photo-guide-pocket-1974-eaa926eb6603fcdf439e38cfd9fac3ec.jpg

Gary's just showing us what seems to be a dry sense of humor. He's a photojournalist, he probably even knows what DIN is.

silly photographers ...
ASAs are for Pros.
DIN for old folk,
and ISO for kids.
:)

It's a cool calculator, but seems a bit anally overdone -- must be the British.

Joe

With that criteria, I would have guessed German, actually.

All wry humor aside, however, I totally want it!! :) I think in EV anyway, so this would work quite well for me.

Joe

All wry humor aside, however, I totally want it!! :) I think in EV anyway, so this would work quite well for me.

That would be uber anal:
Vintage-German-EXPOSURE-CALCULATOR-light-meter-Belichtungs-Zahlwerk.jpg

Thinking in EV is a good thing. It provides appropriate clarity to the process of exposing film/sensors. I try and convince my students to change their thinking but unfortunately they are often too screwed up by triangles before I get to them.

Joe

Joe

That would be uber anal:
Vintage-German-EXPOSURE-CALCULATOR-light-meter-Belichtungs-Zahlwerk.jpg

Thinking in EV is a good thing. It provides appropriate clarity to the process of exposing film/sensors. I try and convince my students to change their thinking but unfortunately they are often too screwed up by triangles before I get to them.

Joe

Sooooo many umlauts...

Bah, triangle shmiangle :D

Recently I acquired a film camera without a light meter. I've been having a good time walking about shooting in manual cuz that's all I have ... And shooting using Sunny 16 as my benchmark for metering. Only three adjustment on the camera, aperture, shutter speed and focus.

I pick up my digital cameras and see all this stuff going on inside the viewfinder and I think to myself ... "That's a lot of stuff going on in the viewfinder ...".

Recently I acquired a film camera without a light meter. I've been having a good time walking about shooting in manual cuz that's all I have ... And shooting using Sunny 16 as my benchmark for metering. Only three adjustment on the camera, aperture, shutter speed and focus.

I pick up my digital cameras and see all this stuff going on inside the viewfinder and I think to myself ... "That's a lot of stuff going on in the viewfinder ...".

I hear it's Sunny 11 in England ;)

I hear it's Sunny 11 in England ;)
No sunny 16 with Ektar 6x9 negatives

047-XL.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back