Fun Photos

CapturingGlory

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a newbie at photography and have started to learn the technical aspects this semester.

These pics are from the Navy Pier in Chicago, IL. I like the view of the ferris wheel, but I am not sure if I dig the sun too much. However, in that situation I couldn't just go on the other side.

I really like the carousel pic for its various colors mostly! They are fun! Let me know what you think!

DSCF0435.JPG

DSCF0436.JPG

BTW, this is from my little old digi cam. Once I learn Photography better, I am going to get an advanced camera!

Heya, CapturingGlory, welcome to ThePhotoForum and to the world of photography. The more you will get inside this wonderful area of expressing oneself, the more you will enjoy it.
I can tell from your photos here that you already are enjoying it, and you are beginning to see the colours and shapes and forms and angles and means to compose. Well done!

To my mind, the sun, peaking through the spokes of the Ferris Wheel, is a nice addition, though some might want to debate over the flares with you.

As to the second photo, first thought that came to mind was: what a wonderfully only-blue sky to form the background to all these lovely colours (I find that fun fair photos work best with an all-blue sky), and then I thought: but sadly composition is too tight. The Ferris Wheel, now in the background, is almost clipped off at its top, and the little colourful horses are definitely cropped at the bottom, while they even are your subject. A step or two back would have helped, I think.

It would be most helpful to post images close to or around 800x600 so we don't have to squint to see the details of your images.

I would really like to see the detail and colors in the carousel...

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forums!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back