funeral pics

I really didn't expect everyone to understand or have the same beliefs I do. I'm giving an opinion like everyone else. These are my beliefs. I began this conversation a few months ago. It began very civil. Now some, understandably, are quite ignorant and unwilling to deal with matters of death. There's also a factor of fear due to the possibility of facing eternity in hell. Think about it; if you're unsure about where your deceased loved one is about to be, why would you want photographs to remind you of that uncertainty? My experience with this type of photography surely outweighs some of your ignorance and fear, right? Right! Give it some thought and you'll understand. I'm sure of it

I really didn't expect everyone to understand or have the same beliefs I do. I'm giving an opinion like everyone else. These are my beliefs. I began this conversation a few months ago. It began very civil. Now some, understandably, are quite ignorant and unwilling to deal with matters of death. There's also a factor of fear due to the possibility of facing eternity in hell. Think about it; if you're unsure about where your deceased loved one is about to be, why would you want photographs to remind you of that uncertainty? My experience with this type of photography surely outweighs some of your ignorance and fear, right? Right! Give it some thought and you'll understand. I'm sure of it

Wow, to me it sure does seem like you set the whole thread up to get the chance to talk about Jesus Christ and burning in hell for eternity unless you become a Christian, yada yada yada.

I don't see the connection with the thread topic of taking photos at funerals with Jesus Christ and burning in hell...I see how you made the connection but it still seems pretty preachy and unrelated to the topic.

[quote=iluvmma;1231331]I really didn't expect everyone to understand or have the same beliefs I do. I'm giving an opinion like everyone else. These are my beliefs. I began this conversation a few months ago. It began very civil. Now some, understandably, are quite ignorant and unwilling to deal with matters of death. There's also a factor of fear due to the possibility of facing eternity in hell. Think about it; if you're unsure about where your deceased loved one is about to be, why would you want photographs to remind you of that uncertainty? My experience with this type of photography surely outweighs some of your ignorance and fear, right? Right! Give it some thought and you'll understand. I'm sure of it[/quote]

Your experience with funeral photography can be admired if it's good and respected. Your views, be those be religious or otherwise can also be respected as long as they are yours alone and stay with you. You might say that you believe in X,Y or Z and that's fine, but trying to force your beliefs onto others is not respectful and this Forum does not allow it. Please bear in mind that religious and political discussions are not allowed on this Forum. Thanks for understanding and keep posting about photography issues.

Uh-unh. Yeah. Sure.

I have no fear factor at all because I don't believe in a hell or a heaven.

We have discussed shooting funerals before here on this fourm. It is a growing trend. I shot one a couple of years ago. Many years ago, it was a commonplace practice. There is nothing wrong with it.

Personally, I hope I'm in heaven 30 minutes before the devil finds out I've died...

I would photograph a funeral... where I'm from (and I'm sure in MOST parts of the planet) family members wish to 'view' the departed...
Look back at the CROWDS of people who filed past Princess Diana's coffin as she lay in State - and the funeral service was broadcast to the WORLD showing all the members of her 2 families, with all the emotion and tears... and the same will happen when Queen Elizabeth II passes on.
Surely it is a sign of respect to say one's last goodbye to a loved one (be that a family member or a princess or a queen)... Which (to my mind) is what the Family Viewing represents...
"Memories" can become skewed over time (isn't that the very reason we make photographs..?? -) So to my way of thinking - a photograph of the deceased and the funeral is a PJ account/record of a very important and revered event to the family... And that's why I would do it...
Jedo

when my father died,,, i can't come home straight away.
all i can see when i'm arrived is the album from his funeral and i'm glad they took the picture.... i think funeral photo is the same important like any other ocassion.

Most reactions

Back