Funkacious Funk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jophassa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is my latest series....(if you haven't seen my other stuff, please click on my name, jophassa, and choose the 'Threads Started' bit.)

feel free to leave comments....

tink1892.jpg

tink1889.jpg

tink1864.jpg

tink1849.jpg

tink1863.jpg

btw, thats a carpet that was left outside to dry (if anyone was wondering)

i just realised something....i havent taken any of those b+w pics that i said i would never move away from. it appears that i have forgotten to use b+w filters for my pics recently. maybe colour isnt so bad after all...

which one do you like? i only want to use on of them, but which one...?

THANKS!

tink1915.jpg

tink1914.jpg

tink1908.jpg

i like the 2nd one, it gives some space to the objects in background.
is good to see more "spontaneous" pics in the forum!! (sometimes we forget than this is supossed to be a funny thing).

maybe you should try a "fish eye" focus for some objects

Sorry Pal, i don't see any cohesive structure to any of the shots, and I have looked at them carefully………..My opinion!

but. but. randomness is my style. it isnt made for every one. but the world is based upon spontaneity so why waste time taking macro pics of silly white flowers. genericness is badness. i like shoving pics of my life on the forum. and, tbh, i found a carpet outside to be rather exciting. so boo you!

Thanks for the insight, I too am very spontaneous, however I appreciate some semblance of order. Again, only my opinion.

hmmmmmm. in what way do you mean 'order'? as in, do you want there to be a theme to these pics? a purpose? what?

jophassa said:
hmmmmmm. in what way do you mean 'order'? as in, do you want there to be a theme to these pics? a purpose? what?

What do you pictures say? Is there a theme? Are you trying to convey something? Where’s the composition?
In most cases this is ideal, but in yours, I don’t find anything. I know I’m being critical, but that’s why you posted, correct?

Tell me if I missed something, I’m listening………

why should a photo tell a story? a photo telling a story would imply that it replaces hundreds of words. these are simply pictures of composed items. they may be of mundane objects but i do try and capture them in such a way that would interest the viewer. a carpet outside sounded cool to me.

OK, you're the photorgrapher and I'm a viewer, now I'm asking for a reasonable explaination of what you're trying to say. Isn't it your purpose as a photographer to express something to others through pictures?
I'm interested in hearing others comment on these thoughts taking your photos into consideration.

well...no. if i wanted to express my emotions i would paint a picture. i think you may be getting confused with pictures and photos. photos are merely clips from people lives. paintings are what can tell a story. i believe that a photo is simply that, a photo.

a photo is not something that has profundities. it is merely a vehicle for the conveyance of life. it is to prove that i was alive that day.

Your emotions? Nay, I just want to know what your pictures are saying, not necessarily what you are saying. It’s everyone else’s emotions to your photos that are important

OK, what clip from who’s life are these and again what does it tell me about that clip/life? Without verbal dialogue. I still seem to be missing something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back