Funnest weekend ever! (Large share)

Thank you for the insight. I have a jet black short haired dog who shows up in my photos as an ink blot :)

I still check the whole scene with my incident meter to ensure that I've got it within <1/3 stop across the whole thing. That said, I still raise the blacks a hair and drop the whites about an equal amount (around 10 points on the LR slider).

To clarify, you did mean you take and "incident" reading and not "reflective" reading, and is that with strobe or without? A 1/3 stop difference is a pretty flat ratio?

The cat looks aloof and the pup in #11 is adorable.

To clarify, you did mean you take and "incident" reading and not "reflective" reading, and is that with strobe or without? A 1/3 stop difference is a pretty flat ratio?
Incident readings of the strobe exposure (you can't do a reflective reading of a strobe exposure). By "1/3 stop", I mean that the overall exposure doesn't vary more than 1/3 stop from front to back and edge to edge of the "shooting box". I do use a pretty flat lighting scheme (fill 1/2 stop below key), but that's because once the lights are in position, they stay there. I don't have time to adjust lighting or exposure, as much as I would like to some times.

Excellent work as always,I have to agree on the cat in #2 what a face priceless. The only thing missing is the Cigar from the cats mouth.

Incident readings of the strobe exposure (you can't do a reflective reading of a strobe exposure). By "1/3 stop", I mean that the overall exposure doesn't vary more than 1/3 stop from front to back and edge to edge of the "shooting box". I do use a pretty flat lighting scheme (fill 1/2 stop below key), but that's because once the lights are in position, they stay there. I don't have time to adjust lighting or exposure, as much as I would like to some times.

I assumed you meant "incident", but thought you might be doing a reflective reading for ambient. As to the lighting scheme I keep forgetting you're in production mode, and I'm in play mode LOL

Pets and Vets? Count me in! Awesome what you did. Thank you for serving those who served! I loved the pic with Santa's glasses all askew too. I noticed that right away, and the goofy looking dog in the last pic, great!

Excellent work as always,I have to agree on the cat in #2 what a face priceless. The only thing missing is the Cigar from the cats mouth.
Yep... someone's going to pay dearly for that photo! :lol:

I assumed you meant "incident", but thought you might be doing a reflective reading for ambient. As to the lighting scheme I keep forgetting you're in production mode, and I'm in play mode LOL
I would LOVE to be able to spend as much time as necessary with each one, but... it really is production photography in every sense of the word!

Pets and Vets? Count me in! Awesome what you did. Thank you for serving those who served! I loved the pic with Santa's glasses all askew too. I noticed that right away, and the goofy looking dog in the last pic, great!
Thanks Dean! :)

Those iguanas must be tough subjects to handle! That's almost as funny as that cat, who should get some sort of award.

Those iguanas must be tough subjects to handle! That's almost as funny as that cat, who should get some sort of award.
The iguana(?) was very docile and easy to handle. The cat was relatively easy as well, but a lot less enthused!

Most reactions

Back