Funniest Photography Article EVER

Solarflare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Deal of the day: Samsung NX cameras | Photo Rumors

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOLz !!!

So a dying system is a "deal of the day" ?!?!

LOLz.

A system for which I cant get future glas, future new cameras, will probably quickly run into trouble getting repairs, thats the "deal of the day" ?!?!?

Next deal of the day: just light your cigars with $1000 notes.

I thought at one short time ago the NX mirrorless cameras were going to take over the world ?

I thought at one short time ago the NX mirrorless cameras were going to take over the world ?

Well sure, didn't that happen right after Nikon went out of business? Could have sworn I read that on the internet somewhere...

its a shame really. the NX line really spec'd out well and offered a lot of camera for the money.
poor marketing and a lack of lens choices is what really did them in...the cameras themselves were great.
I got to handle quite a few of them over the last 3 years, and I had considered buying one a few times.
almost pulled the trigger on a NX300 or a NX30 several times.

the 16-50mm f/2-2.8 lens on the NX1 was fantastic!
they really priced the NX1 pretty high, and I really do think the specs on it justify a pretty decent price tag, i think its just when you compare it to other full DX systems its hard to justify paying the same price as canon or nikon, even though I really think you are getting a pretty comparable camera.

the newer NX500 offers a 28MP asp-c sensor in a very compact package. 4k video, OIS, articulating touch screen...and can be had for ~$600.

one of the biggest complaints was the lens selection.
but Hell, who really NEEDS that many lenses? samsung actually had a decent selection.
they had a fast wide zoom (16-50 f/2.0-2.8 OIS) an ultra wide 12-24mm, a 20mm f/2.8 prime, 60mm f/2.8 macro,
45mm f/1.8, 50-150mm f/2.8 OIS, 16mm f/2.4 pancake...

i mean, thats not even ALL of their lenses, just some of the ones I would have been interested in.
PLUS, you basically had 3 levels of cameras to choose from, from compact to almost DSLR size...all using the SAME lens mount (except the NX mini)

like I said...its a shame samsung never really broke into the market well enough to stay. I think at a slightly lower price bracket the NX system could have carved out a halfway decent little niche.
thems the breaks though.

I did consider samsung as a drag around camera when I sold all our nikon gear, but...Fuji won out in the end.

The nx1 was a fine piece of kit. In theory the d500 is probably the best aps-c cam around now, that Samsung had covered a few items even better that that

Most reactions

Back