Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The following email just rolled in, this one from "PayPal Services":

Dear ----------.com,

You authorized a payment of $11.99 to Woot, Inc. This is not a charge.
You won't be charged until Woot, Inc processes your payment.

If you did not authorize this payment, please log in as soon as possible to cancel the payment!

PayPal Services

Well, first off, the email is not the one tied to my PP account. Second, the email it came from is obviously not PP (it ends in .org). Not exactly inspiring concern on my part.

But, if you'll notice.......... the text does not include a link to this crooks' fake website. I mean, if he wants me to go to his spoof website that he's made to look like PayPals sign-in page, the least he could do is put a link into the email!

Damn, some crooks are so stupid!

oh, I got one last week telling me the IRS has filed a warrant for my arrest and I needed to call an 800 number to resolve this before I'm arrested and embarressed if front of my family and neighbors. Guess what, I didn't call and I'm still here.
BRB, the police are at my door. I got to see what they want.

"Hello, this is <Insert western male Christian name pronounced with a very thick East-Indian accent> calling from Microsoft. We have detected a problem with your computer..." I'm so glad that they stay on top of these things. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have known that I could have resolved all my computer problems for a low monthly subscription price of only $19.95. I'll bet Apple doesn't provide that service to its customers.

The one that cracked me up the most was for male enhancement pills. It lead off with.......... "Why you have so small sausage!!"

My friend's 19 year old kid just fell victim to a scam involving a fortunate Nigerian who recently won the lottery, and needed someone to share it with.

This kid sent a cashier's check in the amount of $250 to courrier a check in the amount of Half of the 1.5 million dollar lotto winnings, you know, since the nice Nigerian man sharing his winnings was a little short on cash...

That scam is older than the kid who fell victim to it. I laughed so hard I peed a little when I heard about that one.

"Hello, this is <Insert western male Christian name pronounced with a very thick East-Indian accent> calling from Microsoft. We have detected a problem with your computer..." I'm so glad that they stay on top of these things. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have known that I could have resolved all my computer problems for a low monthly subscription price of only $19.95. I'll bet Apple doesn't provide that service to its customers.

My next door neighbor called me Friday night. Microsoft tech support wanted her to go get a Green Dot card with $300 on it so they could credit her for a refund. She said they were on her computer, logged into her bank account, but couldn't credit her credit card (which she had given them).

I ran right over, pulled the phone away from her and closed it. I then pulled the power cord out of her computer.

Only then did she realize what was happening.

They're still closing accounts, changing passwords, etc. I loaned her my old computer as the scammer installed a password to start up her computer. No doubt to prevent her from getting back online to change passwords.

So far, it looks like good, but we still don't know what they got off her computer after they got in with TeamViewer.

She was crying about how they finally were able to save up enough during the year to give their grandkids a great Christmas. Now she's worried she may have to return all their gifts just to keep afloat.

Dammed scammers. May they rot in he11.

They get really ticked when you tell them you don't own a computer.

They get really ticked when you tell them you don't own a computer.

Just pretend your Etch-A-Sketch is a laptop.

DilbertEtchAScetch.gif

When i get one of these calls I play along (acting stupid) to waste their time. Eventually they get so frustrated with me they call me names and hang up. :)

Sadly around here there is a lot of scamming of the elderly. It's pathetic how these crooks take advantage of people.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back