Funny Comments you get when you have your "big" camera

Nothing major yet, for either cameras (film/digital)

Only comment from a stranger so far has been while using ye olde Canon A-1 at a local Micro Brewery. After a tour while we were sampling 5 types of brew, this larger, slightly inebriated woman leans over the table towards me and belts out "NICE CAMERA, BUDDY!" and then I, surprised, reply "You know it."

Then she went back to her beer and friends.

Was an odd moment.

Lots of people want to talk cameras and that's OK.

Although I think a lot of them are into gadgets first and photography second a great many people love the subject.

I'm not going to read all the preceding 19 pages to see it this one has already been mentioned (and a version of it likely has):

I was at a crowded outdoor function in Toronto and had the lens hood on my 70-200 zoom. I was sizing up a scene to shoot, when a guy standing nearby with his little 'PnS'* looked down at his camera, then over at mine, then back at his, with a very obvious chagrined look. He dolefully said "Lens Envy" before slinking off. It was hysterical. Or maybe you had to be there.

(*That's "point and shoot", but it looks funnier when shortened to 'pns')

I was out a little while back on a weekend night, 40D and 50/1.8 taking pics. Wandering into an area of KC with bars and restaurants aplenty, I got the whole "Dude, why're you shooting my girlfriend?" (when I was taking a picture of a wall...) or "CReeeeeeepy!" all while not actually shooting people.

Finally I have one guy shove his friend, point at me and say, "Psh f**kin' stalker over here! Getting shots of the sexy ladies you can't score?"

His friend smacked him when they looked through the window at what I shot. His girlfriend laughed and called him a moron. Image I was taking when he made his comment:

4337162594_af14dbfe78.jpg

Shot I took out of spite when he parted ways and left with his girlfriend:

4336414559_d6cba394f0.jpg

Looks like the plaza, am I right? have you ever been down to Power in Light district? I'm thinging about going on a Friday/Saturday. But I don't want some drunk boyfriend break my camera.

Looks like the plaza, am I right? have you ever been down to Power in Light district? I'm thinging about going on a Friday/Saturday. But I don't want some drunk boyfriend break my camera.

Hey, if you want a shooting buddy, I'll go down to PnL some weekend and shoot with you! It's a great place to shoot, but the d-bag bf's are just asking for trouble if you're alone. If you're with at least one other person you seem more official and less creepy.

I lived in East TN when I first got into photography. One day my friend and I were just out driving the back roads looking for a good place to set up prior to sunset. We found a great place and pulled off the side of thr road. We were actually just on the edge of some guys yard and as we were starting to set up our tripods I see the owner come out of his house and get in his car. A few seconds later he pulls up next to us and says "hey there what u guys-a shoot'n". I said the sun setting behind that hill.... He says "what?.... Oh, you're takin pitchers"..... Yes, he thought we were setting up tripods for guns... Even more strange he was perfectly okay with that.

"I see you're still using film."

I do still shoot film, an a lot of it, but the camera he was commenting on was my wife's DSLR. :lol:

"I see you're still using film."

I do still shoot film, an a lot of it, but the camera he was commenting on was my wife's DSLR. :lol:

this is a similar mindset to finding nice MF lenses on old SLRs in junk shops. "there's no call for them anymore, people are all going over to digital these days"

yep. shame isn't it ;-))

Most reactions

New Topics

Back