future rock star?

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've never seen a little kid (he's 5) so into music in my life. His guitar is his prize possesion so maybe one day when he is famous this photo will mean a lot. ;)
I was going to use this in a contest but I chickened out. Oh well. :(

shaneguitarrad.jpg

that's pretty awesome! I have a 5 yo girl that loves her guitar :) you should have entered that contest. If no one likes it no loss, but if they loved it your gain. You never know unless you try. (that's mom speak for the record)

That really is a cool shot. Something he'll want to remember later in life even if he doesn't become a rock star.

WOW... Kathi Thats a very cool shot. !! Very creative. NIce job! I love that you only see 1 eye and so sharp!!! You go girl! - DIanah

that's pretty awesome! I have a 5 yo girl that loves her guitar :) you should have entered that contest. If no one likes it no loss, but if they loved it your gain. You never know unless you try. (that's mom speak for the record)

thanks - I'm a sucker for the little kids that are actually passionate about something other than t.v! I didn't enter the contest because it was for an photo gallery which one of my pics was already in but their choice of what is 'art' and what is not is irritating me lately and I think it would have been disheartening if they told me mine wasn't right. Does that make sense?
What you don't know won't hurt you, they say, I'm sticking with that for today. ;) But thanks for the wise words - mom's are always right!

That really is a cool shot. Something he'll want to remember later in life even if he doesn't become a rock star.

Thanks. I think I am going to make him a small poster for his room. He will really think that is so cool! I won't make his mom pay for that just cause he's such a neat kid and it's all my idea.

WOW... Kathi Thats a very cool shot. !! Very creative. NIce job! I love that you only see 1 eye and so sharp!!! You go girl! - DIanah

Thanks Dianah. I like the one eye thing I think it gives him a bad boy look with the little scar and all. lol.

Kathi,
That is an awesome shot! Very cool use of DOF.
As far as athe contest goes...Submit this type of photo!!!!!
If you get a good feel from a shot, SUBMIT IT!!!! If they don't like it they don't slam you, they just put someone else's pic up.
Don't let your confidence get in the way of your success.
I'm done with the lecture now Kathi. :)
I like your work!

Ray.

Ya, what heip said. Dont force me to lecture you too. ;)

This is a great photo Kathi. Really! The depth of field, sharpness, focus on the eye, composition. Just awesome. If I had done this, I would most proud to display it. :)

NJ

Thanks Christina, craig, heip and NJ.
I think if it was a contest anywhere BUT a gallery I would not feel so strange about it but my trouble is, I like to do portraits, which which come certain rules and exposure neccesities most of the time.
When I go to the photo gallery I am somtimes baffled at what they have chosen to display - in other words - I don't 'get' art! I just don't understand why a bunch of underexposed pictures of trees wrapped for the winter on a hillside is interesting. Not saying that isn't interesting but I just don't get why it's cool enough to put ten pictures of it on the wall. That's just an example, nothing against wrapped trees ;)

I just don't understand why a bunch of underexposed pictures of trees wrapped for the winter on a hillside is interesting.

People don't know what good art really is sometimes... I was at an art show once and the biggest seller was someone who painted pictures of rubber ducks.

Very nice picture. :)

Marian

Most reactions

Back