I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Need some options for a wide angle zoom for a FF Nikon camera.
Was looking at 17-35 f2.8D.
Anything from sigma or tamron a little more budget friendly?

I love my 17-35/2.8 AF-D. Very little distortion, and takes 77mm filters.

Budget friendly? These are probably the two best affordable wide angle zooms for FX, in my opinion.
  1. Tokina 17-35 f/4. - $450
  2. Tokina 16-28 f/2.8. - $630
I had the Tokina 12-24 f/4 when I was shooting DX and I loved that lens, but I just didn't care for the focus clutch mechanism which is why I am looking at Nikon's 18-35.

That focus clutch thing is one thing I dont like, but I deal with it because the 16-28 is so sharp!

I also have the 17-35f2.8. It's a squeeky lens but works great. Used I see them 800-900 $

I am picking up the 18-35mm 3.5-4.5G today with the D610.

I have done a hell of a lot of research, and this lens seems to be the best as far as cost and image quality goes, according to dpreview.

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f 3.5-4.5G ED Lens 2207 B H Photo

I can't believe its still on backorder. I've talked to B&H and they don't think Nikon is releasing an updated version..but it could be that lens is in high demand and their production is slow for some reason.

I have done a hell of a lot of research, and this lens seems to be the best as far as cost and image quality goes, according to dpreview.

I can't believe its still on backorder. I've talked to B&H and they don't think Nikon is releasing an updated version..but it could be that lens is in high demand and their production is slow for some reason.

Adorama has it, but my local camera store has in stock for the same price.

I saw one for sale on eBay today for $2300!! Someone made a mistake, lol.

I saw one for sale on eBay today for $2300!! Someone made a mistake, lol.

Maybe it was coated in 24k gold?

Most reactions

Back