FZ28 filters

sb00020

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all!

I have a Panasonic fz28 that I've been using for a few months now and I am happy enough with it that I want to buy some filters for it. It takes a 46 mm filter size as well as 55 mm with an adapter.

I've been doing some research and it appears that many users use this adapter to allow the use of large filters without vignetting.

Initially I had planned to get 46 mm filters that screw straight in, but now I'm not so sure. Many people seem to think getting the larger filters allows you to be 'future safe' for when I undoubtedly upgrade in a few years.

I shoot mainly land and cityscape work and am looking at getting an ND4, circular polariser and a UV/protector. I'm looking at buying B+W because I've heard they are the best money:quality filters. I have a ~$200 budget.

My questions are:

1. Should I invest in the adapter and larger filters?
2. Can anyone suggest any alternatives that I haven't found?
3. Without the adpter would B+W filters allow me to screw one on top of the other? I'd like to keep a protector on to stay dust free. Or is this a bad idea?

I hope this is enough info and I thank you kindly in advance for your pearls of wisdom ;)

Sam

Most reactions

Back