G. A. S.

christopher walrath

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, my name is Chris and today I would like to discuss a topic of concern for photographers, film and digital, the world over. This is not a life threatening problem but it can provide for embarassment at times. It is called G. A. S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). Yes, most of us have been stricken by the bug at one point or another and it comes on with such suddenness that its impulsive nature is difficult to deter.

Some of the symptoms are as follows . . .

Sweatiness on the forehead, under the arms, the feet and other unmentionable places
Dilation of the pupils
Tightening of the innards
Drainage of checking accounts/ credit card balances
Shoulder and back tenderness due to heavier gadget bags
Marital strain except in those who suffer through G. A. S. with their spouses (which increases risk of dwindling funds)
OCD-esque purchasing habits

If you have any of these symptoms please refer to you local PhD (Doctor of Photography) as only a certified fellow nutcase can diagnose G. A. S. Treatment is available but the syndrome can run its course (until the money is gone). If you have G. A. S. then do not be alarmed. You PhD will likely perscribe a visit to your local camera shop or repeated visits to B&H Photo and/or eBay.

We photographers have to stick together and it is my hope that, with a little bit of luck, we can make tomorrow a better place.

(This has been a public service announcement from 'DUH! He's Looped Again' productions. Thank you and have a good day.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back